New Here

Options
Hi All,

My Friend Donna recommended this group.

I am 5 weeks post-op. Still learning what I should eat and how much. I am losing slow and getting my walks in everyday. Tracking everything I eat has been helpful.

I am looking for some supportive friends that we can help each other with our weight loss and healthier living goals. :)

Replies

• MistyHiker
    MistyHiker Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Take it one step/bit at a time :smiley:

We are here cheering you on. :p
  • Thaeda
    Thaeda Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    WELCOME!!! :) I am 9 months out and STILL learning! So glad you are here.
  • jkern9110
    jkern9110 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Welcome dittybug2001!! I love reading the stories/tips/tricks/best practices of everyone in this group. Good luck in your journey. I agree with Thaeda...I'm 13 months post-op and I learn, re-learn, adjust, and re-adjust often!
  • rpyle111
    rpyle111 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I am about four weeks post-op. Going back to work Tuesday!

My standard suggestion to newcomers is to read all of the forum topics and add a selection of friends at all stages of the WLS process. That way, you get to share your experiences with the pre-surgery folks and learn from post-surgery folks' diaries. I have found a ton of good information, and it really helps me.

Feel free to send a Friend Request!

Rob
  • klcovington
    klcovington Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am five weeks out also. :)
    I am getting used to the new eating --- especially learning to really listen to my body so that I stop when I start to feel full...no matter how little it looks like I ate. Or else, I have to deal with that very uncomfortable feeling. Sometimes, I think I push myself a little. That, "Just one more bite."
  • wilrhy
    wilrhy Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Great to see you on here GF! I think this group is great!
  • dittybug2001
    Options
    thanks for the kind welcome. I am so glad I am here.

I look forward to getting you know you all much better :)
  • bethkallastrask
    bethkallastrask Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi there! 9 months post op here but it seems like surgery was just yesterday! Welcome to the club, expect a rollercoaster ride. Things change so quickly in the first few months, many great things are ahead so when you hit a rough patch think BIG PICTURE. Without the surgery things were so much harder, now it's easier for the weight to come off and easier for you to decide to keep it off. I have 10 more pounds to lose until I hit my 100% excess weight loss goal and I never thought I would have gotten there!
  • jrnguyen
    jrnguyen Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I am 5 weeks post op as well.
  • dittybug2001
    Options
    :):) Congrats Beth on being so close to your goal. That gived me encouragement some day that will be posting that

Yay another 5 week post-op