Insurance

Options
dan_IRL
dan_IRL Posts: 204 Member
I'm wondering how many of you actually get New Direction covered by your insurance. Either fully or partially.

I am on a great plan through Blue Cross/Blue Shield, I would think that they would. Especially in extreme cases such as morbid obesity with multiple comorbidities.

They will pay for bariatric surgery, but not non-surgical medically supervised treatments.

Replies

• yellowdaisy3321
    yellowdaisy3321 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    My insurance paid for the program in full excluding my regular office visit copay. They also paid for 15% of my food. Now that I'm in maintenance they pay for 100% of my costs with no copays. I work for a hospital network/medical group that is self insured.
  • Ladybug_Karen
    Ladybug_Karen Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I have BCBS of Arkansas and they don't pay.
  • dan_IRL
    dan_IRL Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    That stinks for us. Oh well, it is what it is I guess. Luckily I can use my FSA to pay for everything, so that helps a bit.
  • Ladybug_Karen
    Ladybug_Karen Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    dan_IRL wrote: »
    That stinks for us. Oh well, it is what it is I guess. Luckily I can use my FSA to pay for everything, so that helps a bit.

That's right! :) what I was paying for just breakfast and lunch every day covers my 4 packs a day. The program fee and Dr visit is totally justified.
  • yellowdaisy3321
    yellowdaisy3321 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    It seems to be about 50/50 in my program, it seems that most of the people that get it paid by insurance have PPOs. My HMO is an exception according to the center, but my coverage has more to do with my employer more than anything else as the doctor that runs the clinic is contracted through the medical group I work for.
  • taivazian
    Options
    bcbs paid for all of the testing and dr visits except for co-pay and they didn't pay for the hormone treatments
  • ESueM67
    ESueM67 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Aetna is paying for everything except food. I'm only responsible for co-pays and food costs. Next year, I have to switch to Cigna, so I am looking into whether they will cover the New Direction program.
  • amyc2912
    amyc2912 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have Blue Cross Blue Shield federal. It pays for the appts and tests. I pay a co-pay for appointments and for all of my food.