Day 2

Options
dan_IRL
dan_IRL Posts: 204 Member
Wow! I am dying over here. It has been a rough day. Didn't get much sleep last night and have been dragging booty all day. I've been super hungry all day as well.

Got 2 shakes, a bar and 1 cup of carrots in so far. I will have my 3rd shake when I get home.

It gets easier right!?!?

Replies

• yellowdaisy3321
    yellowdaisy3321 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    It gets easier. Make sure you're drinking enough water. If your clinic didn't warn you, you'll likely feel like crap for 3-5 days maybe even a week while your body gets into ketosis. You'll feel so much better once your body adjusts.

Every program is different, are you supposed to eat food in addition to the shakes? I only ask because we weren't allowed food or bars in weight loss. Bars because of the high carb count and food, well we just weren't allowed food unless we were on the food/shake option.

My husband did the program too and lost 85lbs in 4.5 mos. Hang in there, it will get better.
  • dan_IRL
    Options
    I'm verifying with the dietitian about the food and bars. She told me they really want to start relearning healthy snacking habits early in the program. Up to 2 cups of non starchy vegetables. I have two choices for the program 4 shakes or 3 shakes + 1 bar. I'll verify this as well.
  • Ladybug_Karen
    Ladybug_Karen Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I'm on 4 packs a day only. At my clinic, bars are for maintenance help and food starts in adapting.
    90 pounds down in 6 months.
  • dan_IRL
    Options
    Hmm, I wonder why she sold them to me if we weren't supposed to have them. I'll see what she says.
  • taivazian
    Options
    it is unusual to be on bars, i would check with your MD.
  • yellowdaisy3321
    yellowdaisy3321 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I think it's unusual to be allowed bars, but I have seen other people say that their clinics allow bars so it's not unheard of.

The reason we aren't allowed bars in weight loss at my clinic is because they have 18g carbs, most people need to be under 50g carbs/day to maintain ketosis. Each meal replacement has 10g carbs so if you have a bar plus packets and veg (carb counts vary depending on veg) then you are either really close to 50g carbs per day or over all the time.

I really don't find the bars to be satisfying and would much rather have a meal replacement which is only 40 more cal and 8 less carbs. Not to say the bars aren't good, the peppermint cocoa bars are like candy bars I love them.
  • ESueM67
    ESueM67 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I can have two bars in lieu of one shake, but I can only have the Chocolate Fudge bars. They have about 12g of carbs each. I have one between lunch and dinner and another after dinner.