Season 5 - Episode 3 - "Four Walls and a Roof" - 10/26/2014

Options
AnaNotBanana
AnaNotBanana Posts: 963 Member
This thread serves as a place to discuss speculation, and then reaction to the 10/26/14 episode.

PLEASE REMEMBER TO NOT DISCUSS COMIC BOOK SPOILERS IN EPISODE/SEASON THREADS

AMC Sneak Peek:
http://www.amctv.com/the-walking-dead/videos/sneak-peek-episode-503-the-walking-dead-four-walls-and-a-roof

YouTube Preview:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EImH0lPUYfg

Replies

• soaps54
    soaps54 Posts: 567 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Holy crap, I didn't want the episode to end.
    I'm so intrigued by that last scene. I hope it's Carol with all her body parts in tact that pops out of the woods with Daryl but they dramatized it so I'm a little worried.
    Glad Michonne has her katana back, lol it certainly makes me feel safer for the whole group.
    Mad that they split up again, not the wisest decision and I know it's TV but I find it so weird that Maggie has no interest in finding her sister! Crazy.
    Sorry, Bob-b-Q. I did thoroughly enjoy your giggle fit when you informed the Termites you were bit. :)
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    I'm more sad by Glenn and Maggie leaving the main group than I am of Bob dying. I wasn't much of a Bob fan. I don't understand either how Maggie who was so close to Beth hasn't said anything much at all about her.

Yeah, WHAT was up with Darryl appearing so mysteriously like that. Did something happen to Carol? It seems like it.

I knew the Termites were in for it. It was like shooting fish in a barrel. Why did Glenn and Maggie look so horrified? These people had to die. Seems like they're making Glenn the moral center of the show now that Hershel and Dale are gone.
  • BraveNewdGirl
    BraveNewdGirl Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    Bob telling Gareth and friends that their jerky was tainted was epic. Sure, he wasn't on the show long enough for people to really grow attached to him, but I liked him and I was a little sad to see him die.

I honestly felt like the way that Rick dispatched the remaining Termites was rather savage. I mean, they could've spared the bullets or barring that, taken them out back and slit their throats instead of bludgeoning them brutally right in the church. That actually shocked me a little!

I would like to think that Maggie's seeming lack of concern over Beth is just resignation; that she believes Beth to be dead, but she remained steadfast when it was Glenn that she was separated from. She hasn't really been in focus yet this season, though, so maybe that'll change!
  • ELMunque
    ELMunque Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I was wondering if it was going to be Morgan with Daryl, the termites said they were the ones leaving the marks and Morgan was following the marks, so it would make sense for him to be around the church.

I wasn't shocked about the masacre, Rick has changed, Maggie and Glenn didn't see him when he tore that guys throat out, so they were shocked. They wanted to hurt his kids, obviously that's not a good idea. He had that same primal look in his eye last night as he did then. Rick gets scary, and I love it.
  • Tiernan1212
    Tiernan1212 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Every episode this season has been phenomenal, I love it!

I got SO much satisfaction out of Bob yelling "tainted meat!" over and over, and watching the horrified reactions of the Termites. I do wonder what, if any, adverse effect eating him would have since he hadn't turned yet. I never did get overly attached to Bob, so his was a death I wasn't heartbroken by. Seeing Sasha and Tyrese find common ground over his death was a positive result though.

The church massacre, wow! I know Rick and some others have changed, but it was still shocking to see it all played out. I don't disagree with what they did, but it was definitely hard to watch.

Maggie and Glenn, I'm also surprised she isn't more concerned about Beth. Daryl seems to worry over her safety more than Maggie does. I know he spent the entire last season with her but still, Maggie spent her entire life with Beth. Maybe Glenn and Maggie have really bought into Eugene's plan to save the world? But yeah, they both just seem so out of it.

The Daryl and Carol cliffhanger is killing me. Is it next Sunday yet?!
  • _cdngirl71_
    _cdngirl71_ Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I knew Bob must've been bit. Loved how he was laughing as he told them. The people from Terminus so deserved what they got. I had a feeling Rick would get his chance to kill that guy. Awesome episode!! Love this show!!
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    I think it HAS to be Morgan. Carol wouldn't be hiding in the bushes waiting for Darryl to tell her to come out. Where IS Beth, anyway - she's definitely in a city. Atlanta still? And I agree with everyone that Maggie just ignoring Beth's disappearance is weird. And it's also weird that Abraham still insisted on leaving even after the Termites were dead, because I got the impression that they were the reason he wanted out of that church so fast.

I personally loved the massacre. The Termites completely deserved it, and I think Rick's failing as a leader in the past was his refusal to consider anyone his enemy. Now he knows that enemies are real and must be destroyed. There will never be another Governor-type surprise attack.

I liked Bob - his backstory about being alone got to me, although he was too dang chipper all the time so I won't really miss him per se.
  • Tiernan1212
    Tiernan1212 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    ^^^ I agree with you about it being Morgan. Carol and Daryl didn't know Morgan, so they would be right to treat him cautiously in bringing him back to the church. However, Michonne was with Rick and Carl when they found him in crazytown, so she should recognize him once Daryl brings him out of the bushes lol.

I can't wait for him to join the group :)
  • SMarie10
    SMarie10 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    I don't want Carol gone now that she's shown her badass tendency, and not wise to split up the group. I have a feeling they may find them again in a bad situation, kind of like terminus.
    Poor Bob - I did appreciate his character and love the tainted meat giggle. Wish Gareth was still around for a while - alway fun to have someone evil to focus on.
  • AnaNotBanana
    Options
    Wow!! That's all I can say about this episode. Such a great resolution to the Terminus storyline. I'm glad Rick followed through on his promise to kill Gareth with the red handled machete. I was surprised that Maggie, Glenn and Tara all of a sudden had an attack of conscience and didn't like the way that Rick and the other killed the Termites. Rick has killed a lot of people that were a even less of a threat to their group. Why is it a problem now??

Bob definitely went out with a bang. I loved how he started yelling "tainted meat!" I guess we'll never know what the effects if any where because the Termites died before they could get sick. I'm glad that Sasha did get to be there at the end with him before he died. I'm even more glad that Tyreese stepped up to the plate and finished Bob off so that Sasha would not have to.

I'm worried about who Daryl has with him in the woods. It's definitely not Carol and I doubt it's Beth. I think if it were anyone that was familiar they would have walked out of the woods at the same times. I hope we don't lose Carol...she's my 2nd favorite bad *kitten*!!!

Speaking of first favorite bad *kitten*....the scene where Michonne pulls her katana out from underneath the dead Termite was epic!!!!! She looks so awesome!!!
  • AnaNotBanana
    Options
    Every episode this season has been phenomenal, I love it!

Maggie and Glenn, I'm also surprised she isn't more concerned about Beth. Daryl seems to worry over her safety more than Maggie does. I know he spent the entire last season with her but still, Maggie spent her entire life with Beth. Maybe Glenn and Maggie have really bought into Eugene's plan to save the world? But yeah, they both just seem so out of it.

The Daryl and Carol cliffhanger is killing me. Is it next Sunday yet?!

I thought the same thing. Maybe Maggie has just written Beth off as gone. Maybe it's easier for her to move and not hold out hope.

• AnaNotBanana
    Options
    sofaking6 wrote: »
    I think it HAS to be Morgan. Carol wouldn't be hiding in the bushes waiting for Darryl to tell her to come out. Where IS Beth, anyway - she's definitely in a city. Atlanta still?

I think this is definitely a possibility. I think Beth is in Atlanta because in the preview for next week's episode it shows her looking out into a big city. Also next week's episode is called Slabtown and according to Wikipedia Slabtown is a red-light district established in Atlanta in the 1840s, and located off Decatur Street (on the present site of Grady Memorial Hospital).

If Beth really is in Atlanta then there is no way that Carol and Daryl drove all the way there and returned that quickly.
  • Booksandbeaches
    Options
    I was surprised that Maggie, Glenn and Tara all of a sudden had an attack of conscience and didn't like the way that Rick and the other killed the Termites. Rick has killed a lot of people that were a even less of a threat to their group. Why is it a problem now??

Exactly. These Termites are cannibals. They didn't deserve some gentle merciful sendoff. They probably would have roasted Judith on a spit had they laid hands on her. I can't stand Maggie, Glenn and Tara acting like they have some moral high ground. I can't wait for them to find out Eugene is talking out of his *kitten*. He doesn't know anything about cure. He's faking it because otherwise he's useless to any group since he has no skills whatsoever. I think that's why he said "I don't want to" when he was asked to leave the church. He knows the truth will come out soon.

I think that if it is Morgan who Darryl is bringing back to the group, it's only going to help them. But Darryl had this kind of weird look on his face like he was in pain or being put up to do something. I sure hope he's not being threatened or followed by someone more evil than anyone they've come across so far. I think in the comics, and I haven't read the comics at all and know we can't discuss it here, the villains only keep getting worse.
  • ELMunque
    ELMunque Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I suppose Daryl could have someone who knows about the people that are holding Beth, Sent Carol to go find her while he brought the person back to the others to let them know what's going on.... But I still kinda think it's going to be Morgan, and Carol is holding him at knife point while Daryl was checking to see who was standing gaurd.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    ^^^ Exactly what I was just thinking. Michonne knows Morgan, but Pookie does not, right? So if they ran into him they would listen his story about knowing Rick but they would also be very cautious of course.
  • BraveNewdGirl
    Options
    Does anyone know what the significance of the letter 'A' on the church was? Was it somehow linked to Terminus?
  • Booksandbeaches
    Options
    Does anyone know what the significance of the letter 'A' on the church was? Was it somehow linked to Terminus?

I think it was a reference to the container they were held in at Terminus. I think it was Garreth's way of referring to them as his cattle. Or maybe it's like those restaurant rating..the "meat" here tastes Grade-A. :D
  • AnaNotBanana
    Options

I think it was a reference to the container they were held in at Terminus. I think it was Garreth's way of referring to them as his cattle. Or maybe it's like those restaurant rating..the "meat" here tastes Grade-A. :D

The last episode of Season 4 was titled "A". The container where they were held at Terminus was also labeled "A".
  • AnaNotBanana
    Options
    ELMunque wrote: »
    I suppose Daryl could have someone who knows about the people that are holding Beth, Sent Carol to go find her while he brought the person back to the others to let them know what's going on.... But I still kinda think it's going to be Morgan, and Carol is holding him at knife point while Daryl was checking to see who was standing gaurd.

I'm hoping it's Morgan and that Daryl is just behaving strangely because he doesn't know Morgan. Not to mention that last time we say Morgan he was out of his mind after losing his son. I don't know if they could have gotten all the way to where Beth is and back in the time they were gone. Maybe they caught up to whoever was in the car and had an altercation. I can't wait for next Sunday!!! I"m hoping they resolve the Daryl/Carol issue and don't just focus on Beth.

• BraveNewdGirl
    Options

The last episode of Season 4 was titled "A". The container where they were held at Terminus was also labeled "A".

Yes! I thought I recalled the container being marked with an 'A', but the restaurant rating system never occurred to me. Gareth, you crazy cannibal, you!