WEEK 1 DONE!! Challenges/Positives

Options
aphello
aphello Posts: 43 Member
edited October 2014 in Social Groups
Way to go everyone!! Week one finished! Share what your challenges were, as well as your positive results you've had so far. Here's mine -

My challenges
- My arches hurt like crazy! I've never had such bad arch pain in my life. I have had arch issues/flat feet my whole life, but this exacerbated it to a whole new level.
- Realizing how non-flexible I am.
- Legs were very sore toward the end and final lower focus was BRUTAL
- Lower back seized up a bit mid-week
- Today woke up with a sore throat and am afraid I'm getting sick. Ugh.

I visited the chiropractor once which helped my back and feet. I guess it is kind of eye-opening for me to realize how poor of shape I've gotten into the last 9 months... Stress/poor diet, lack of exercise really took it's toll, and quickly. I've been rolling my arches on a frozen water bottle everyday to get things back and going. Now to the positives -

Positives
- I feel awesome for doing something about it and completing week 1!
- I've lost 3/4" around my love handles already! Chest has gotten stronger, and I've lost a couple pounds
- Stretch video today felt amazing, gave me that extra boost I needed to take on week 2
- Feels great to be doing this with a group of fellow warriors that have helped me out as well :)

Replies

• taxreliever8
    taxreliever8 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Challenges:
    -In order to get my workout in, I've been forced to workout late at night and makes it hard since I get up early for work; so sleep deprivation is going to be an issue that my family and I will have to work on.
    -Dealt with a little soreness, but not bad at all.

Positives:
    -I've lost 2 lbs and I didn't measure, so not sure about that.
    -Diet was incredibly successful...makes a difference that I track everything that goes in my mouth.....I've been amazed about the thousands and thousands of calories that I was pumping through without truly knowing the quantity...pretty scary actually.....and by eating less than a third to half of what I've eaten in prior weeks, I'm no more hungry than I was back then.
    -Emotionally, I feel uplifted because I know what's coming down the pike very soon.....this is my second time down this road and it's actually getting exciting as each week passes knowing what's coming. It's been a good week and I'm already imagining myself reaching my goals, short term by Thanksgiving and Christmas and long term for 2015 and beyond.
  • stickytapir
    Options
    Challenges:

- Working out in the hot, humidity. Summer is coming down here in Australia. Makes the routines seem x10 worse :(
    - I've been working out at night, so trying to fit in workouts around my schedule. Hopefully can do better this week.

Positives:
    - I've lost 1kg (~2 pounds)
    - I feel more in control when I do the cardio routines, feeling less like a floundering fish.
    - Feeling more positive, mind wise. Knowing that I'm doing well, staying on track, and doing the best I can do. Quite a confidence boost just from doing exercise alone :)
  • webdevsoup
    webdevsoup Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Challenges:

- Watching the scale go up, not down. I haven't been eating horribly, just haven't seen a loss since Day 1.
    - Working out at night, and making time for that, and my personal business at home. Plus, fitting family time in.
    - Realizing that while I can go out and run a 10K, I'm not in as good of shape as I thought I was.

Positives:
    - My pants and clothing fit looser (better than the scale going down, if you ask me)
    - Feeling healthier.
    - Gaining flexibility.

Bring it week 2, you son of a gun!
  • skinny4me2be
    skinny4me2be Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I'm starting week 4, done with week 3 but I'll chime in:
    Challenges:
    Weekends! Social gatherings just get to me. I did better this past weekend than I have in a long time, but it was still a struggle.
    Frustrated the scale is not moving faster.
    Few aches and pains, have to modify the moves to get through
    Getting through TBC. Man that video is a rough one! And I have to do it 2x this week!!

Positives:
    Modified my schedule a bit. I was getting up at 4:10 to work out each day. I was so tired by end of day. Moved it back to 4:50 or 4:55...amazing what that extra 30+minutes can do for a person! I feel so much better now.
    Losing a LOT of inches!
    Clothes are starting to fit way better!
    My energy level is amazing!
    Sleep is better!
    Thankful for this group! :-)

• FrankTheStep
    Options
    Hi Everyone ! Week 1 Done !

Challenges:
    - Didn't lose the weight I tough I would
    - Difficulty to do the training after my work day
    - Pain in my legs and my back

Positives:
    - Clothes fit better
    - More energy and feel healthier
    - Starting to catch up with the instructions pf Shaun T

I decided to start trianing right after I wake up in the morning. This way, I start my day knowing I already worked for my health and I can take my coffee later in the morning since I'm already energized.

For my diet, it seems easier to keep it up ! I'm happy now to stick to it and I don't feel as restricted now that I work out also.

Kepp it up guys ! and thanks for all your support ! I found with you the way to motivate me more than ever !
  • tamred69
    tamred69 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Starting week 4 as well.

Challenges:
    -Mainly doing Total Body...no matter how many times I do it I still hate that workout..LOL
    -Another challenge is all that bending really aggravates my back issues. Modifying so that I dont bend so much.

Positives:
    I am getting it done and stuck with some semblance of a diet:0) Yippee!!!
  • aphello
    aphello Posts: 43 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Wow - reading all your challenges/positives is SUPER motivating for me, and I know to the rest of the group as well.

Thanks for taking the time to share your experiences - BRING IT ON WEEK 2!!!!!!
  • webdevsoup
    webdevsoup Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Week 2 can kiss my butt... Cause I'm gonna KICK ITS!!!!!!!
  • healthyhealthyhaley
    Options
    Challenges:
    Having to find the motivation to get up in the morning
    Anything that had to do with a lot of hand work (I have Carpal Tunnel)

Positives:
    Ate a lot better
    clothes fit better

So I have bad news .. I have to skip this week! :( I hurt my foot on Friday and so it hurts to put any sort of pressure on my foot. So instead I am just going to bike and rest my foot hopefully I can start week two next week and keep on track!! :)
  • becclesbecca
    becclesbecca Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Challenges: Press ups - I just struggle with them and they just don't seem to get any easier
    - Haven't lost any weight or inches

Positives
    Haven't gained any weight or inches!
    Staying fit
    Keeping up most of the time now
  • katherinemab
    katherinemab Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Challenges
    - Sore legs! Regret having so many sets of stairs in our house.
    - Weight Loss; Losing those inches but nothing on the scale
    - Lack of Upper body strength
    - Jumping/on toes, still recovering from an ankle injury

Positives
    - Able to do more of the workouts without modifications!
    - More Energy!
    - Body is changing

We've got this!
  • tiffanydawnn
    tiffanydawnn Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Challenges:
    - I haven't lost a single pound
    - Burpees!

Positives:
    - I'm losing inches and BF%
    - I'm doing less modifications