Newbe Vegan here

Options
Ladybug1250
Ladybug1250 Posts: 366 Member
Hi All!!
So I've deciding to take the plunge, will have to do it a bit slowly as I want to finish the foods in my freezer but I'm planning (with the husband) to go about 90% vegan. Would LOVE some new friends with open diaries who wouldn't mind if I snoop to see what everyone is enjoying. I have no experience with this other than the fact that all my life I've preferred vegetarian and now that my husband is finally on board it's given me the motivation I need to make the change.

Thanks and looking forward to getting to know all of you :-)

Replies

• Gemini159
    Gemini159 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I am new to vegan too, although have dabbled before, and have been mostly vegetarian for many years (w/eggs/dairy and occasional fish). Now I've been vegan for about 5 weeks. I have been using ideas from Happy Herbivore meal plans to get started. It will give you ideas and a weekly meal plan to try it out is $7. A friend of mine told me about it and she's lost a bunch sticking to that exclusively. The recipes are easy, all plant based, and overall delicious. Also it made me try some new food combos that are some of my faves. I used the plan for about 3 weeks and now sort of do a combo of some of those recipes and some I find elsewhere. Of course there is the library too, check out some cookbooks and get inspired!
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Open diary here, I usually fill it at least 5 days a week, nothing really exciting to be honest, I eat mostly vegan most of the time, usually unless someone else is providing meals for me, I don't push it since they are just wanting to bless me, I simply receive it. Hope this works out for you guys!
  • shreddin_mama
    shreddin_mama Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    I am new to veganism too! Good luck and let me know what meals you plan on . i've been using pinterest for recipes
  • rhartsfield
    Options
    I've been vegan off and on all my life, but committed now. There are many websites that are full of tasty recipes, which I am sure you have found being mostly vegetarian most of your life. Feel free to add me for any motivating you may need.
  • jmunn1129
    jmunn1129 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hello! I've been vegan for almost a year now. I'd love some friends, and my diary is open