Ladies-- did you have to buy smaller shoes?

Options
vyvrhovat
vyvrhovat Posts: 80 Member
My VSG surgery date is 11/10. I'm pretty nervous about a lot of things, but this just struck me too-- It makes sense that my feet will shrink a bit too. I mean, I'm pretty tall so my feet are big anyway, and only maybe two pairs of my shoes are also specifically wide. Have any ladies who've had the procedure noticed that their feet shrink enough that they no longer fit in any of their existing sizes at all? This is obviously not an enormous deal, but man, I just have so many great heels that I was really excited about finally being able to wear without feeling like a watermelon on chopsticks.

Replies

• Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    I have gone from 9.5/10 wide to 8.5 wide
  • ReginaKeat
    ReginaKeat Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'm not a lady but my feet shrank and what were once tight shoes are loose.
    I lost over 50 lbs and am scheduled for my surgery where I hope to loose another 100lbs.
    maybe I'll wait to replace my shoes
    I am not sure where I saw it but there was a posting of people's sizes and a lot of people showed that they lost both size and width in their shoe sizes.
  • wilrhy
    wilrhy Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I am only 6 weeks PO and I am finding my slip on shoes are already loose!
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    My feet definitely shrank, most of my old shoes don't fit any more. I have had to replace almost all of them, which really isn't bad - I love shoe shopping! I also wear more high heels and tall wedges etc. than before, because my feet don't kill me like they used to!

7396232.png
  • ReginaKeat
    ReginaKeat Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I found the link I was talking about. (people compare their sizes)

Groups › Gastric ByPass/VSG/LapBand
    under the topic
    What are your stats? Prior and now
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    I'm still a 10.5-11 in length, but now all my shoes are way too wide for me! And due to bone spurs in both heals I wear mainly Birkenstocks. Expensive shoes and not all of them have straps and buckles, so not all of them can be adjusted. I'm having to replace!
  • vyvrhovat
    vyvrhovat Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    oh man, this is definitely good to know. thanks, guys. at least I'll make some money from selling all my nice pairs, since they barely ever got any wear! haha.
  • boomerkae
    boomerkae Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I have gone from 9.5/10 wide to 8.5 wide

I really think your my body clone. :) I had been a 9.5 w until child #2 then moved up to 10 wide. An 8.5 - or 9 sounds heavenly.
  • Qski
    Qski Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I tend to lose a shoe size too... US Size 6 to US size 5, and agree on the ability to wear high heel shoes - less pressure on poor feet with less weight so heels do feel significantly more manageable. Still torture devices but less torturous >:)
  • kcbhopkins
    kcbhopkins Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I just realized yesterday I need to get some new shoes as all my flats are now slipping off my heels. Losing a shoe size never occured to me when I was preparing for this journey. But I love it!
  • spfldpam
    spfldpam Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Yes, I no longer need wide width. I used to wear a 9 or 1 1/2 and now wear 8 1/2 or 9 reg width. What I really like is now being able to wear tall boots. I went kinda boot crazy last winter and bought 5 pairs! I could never wear tall boots before even the wide calf boots were too small for my calves.
    Good luck!
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    I still haven't bought a tall boot but I really want to! I did buy several pair of ankle or a little over boots last year. And I still can't wear high heels for long, but I can wear them some now!
  • pattycakes726
    pattycakes726 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I went from 10 to 9 or 9.5. Good excuse to buy new shoes!
  • kglowins
    kglowins Posts: 111 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I've noticed that my shoes fit better but I did not have to go down in size. But then again I never had to go up in size when I gained weight. I've been the same shoe size since 7th grade.
  • JreedyJanelle
    JreedyJanelle Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I have narrow long feet! I went from 10 to 9.5, I wear regular width, but I could go to narrow, but they just don't make them!
  • inspireuplift2014
    Options
    Yes went from 11 to 10. Witdth is what has changed in just 56 lbs lost. I also need new flip flops because my feet are not so puffy & my flops are stretched out.
  • katematt313
    katematt313 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Yes. Funny you ask. I went to a wedding last weekend, and initially bought my shoes online using my old size. Then the shoes arrived and my feet slid forward, right out of the shoe. Ridiculous. I ended up going to DSW and bought a new pair - normal width instead of E (extra wide). Don't worry about this - the shoe options are MUCH cuter the smaller your feet get.
    -