1st trimester headaches

Options
ischmelle
ischmelle Posts: 206 Member
Anyone else have 1st trimester headaches? I get about 1 a week and they are bad. I hate to take medication, I'd rather find some relief naturally if I can. Anyone have any tips or tricks to beat them?

Replies

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    I had headaches, and unfortunately, the only thing you can really do is take Extra Strength Tylenol.... which typically did nothing for me.
  • kathyk519
    kathyk519 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I was getting them a few times a week. Drink lots of water, put your head down for a while, and when it gets really bad take a tylenol.
  • ColeCake292012
    ColeCake292012 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I got migraines pretty bad during my first pregnancy. They prescribed me oxycodone, which is safe to take, but made me SO sick. This pregnancy, I haven't had many migraines so far, and I honestly think that seeing an osteopath has really helped with it. OMT (Osteopathic Manipulation Therapy) is AMAZING. The doctor readjusts my hips, my neck and my back every few weeks and it really helps with all the normal pregnancy discomforts. Headaches can be very typical, especially in early pregnancy, but I'd still mention them at your next prenatal appointment...they like to know about those kinds of things. :)
  • mormonmomma11
    mormonmomma11 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I've heard B6 can help? I know it helps with exhaustion and its a key component in one of my anti-nausea meds.
  • AwMyLoLo
    AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    I had a lot of headaches in my first trimester and Tylenol does nothing for me. I'd just suffer through the day and put a heating pad on my neck and shoulders, and an ice pack on my head when I got home.
  • TheLaser
    TheLaser Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Acupressure might work, or provide some temporary relief.
  • justinskitty
    justinskitty Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Chiropractor and acupuncture! I had crazy bad headaches in my 1st trimester. Went to both and I'm 38 weeks and headache free since I went. Tylenol never did a darn thing for me.
  • ischmelle
    ischmelle Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the advice! I just had another one yesterday. They seem to be coming more frequently now that I am 11 weeks and I was really hoping they would start to taper off! I am going to cut out sugar, which I need to do anyway, but I think it is triggering them. I would like to try acupuncture though. I already see a chiropractor, but I might try to up my visits to see if he can offer any relief.
  • MelissR75
    MelissR75 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    Ninkyou wrote: »
    I had headaches, and unfortunately, the only thing you can really do is take Extra Strength Tylenol.... which typically did nothing for me.
    Yup! I suffer from Migraines and was on a beta blocker daily and Relpax (as needed) for migraines. Id have to eat a bottle of tylenol and even then it barely touches them.
    The first trimester was bad..I was getting a full blown migraine every few weeks..nothing worked..it was 15-18 hours in bed :( I havent had one this 2nd trimester (fringers crossed) the only thing you can try is taking extra strength tylenol the second you feel it coming on with a glass or can of coke and then lay down for an hour if you can. That might stop it from getting too bad.