Recipes

Post anything you want about your meals or requests.

Here is an example of my breakfast. I tried to include proteins and carbs, as well as my greens.

wzk4jm3hjfpu.png
jskkax3kj50f.jpg

Replies

• simply_sarah_
    simply_sarah_ Posts: 35 Member
    That looks like a great breakfast! I especially love that you had a salad with your meal. I try to incorporate veggies into each meal, but it doesn't always happen at breakfast time. This morning I had brunch with a friend, so I had a delicious spinach and bacon (and cheese!) omelette. Yum.
  • gigi8oa
    gigi8oa Posts: 28
    We almost had the same thing. I am glad you still made a healthy choice by eating something great. Sometimes is hard to make choices when eating outside. Keep it up! :D
  • vermonster271909
    vermonster271909 Posts: 13 Member
    That looks really yummy! I never would've thought to have a salad with my breakfast but considering I sometimes use spinach in omelettes and a side of bacon why not just turn it into a salad? LOL Thanks for the great idea! :) Sarah, great job on making healthy choices while eating out ... I personally think that's the hardest to do! I always have a battle with myself - part of me says "You NEED to make a healthy choice" and the other part says "But this is only 1 time and it sounds so good". Haha

Great job ladies!!! :smile:
  • gigi8oa
    gigi8oa Posts: 28
    Thank you so much Vermonster! Can't wait to hear everyones meals ideas.
  • simply_sarah_
    simply_sarah_ Posts: 35 Member
    One of my favorite recipes is Mashed Cauliflower.

1. Steam a bag of frozen cauliflower (10-14 oz?).
    2. In a food processor, blend together steamed cauliflower, 1 oz of cream cheese, and 1 oz of mild cheese (I use havarti slices) until creamy.
    3. Voila - add salt & pepper to taste.

These cheeses add richness without making the cauliflower taste overly cheesy -- it really is reminiscent of mashed potatoes. It would probably also work to simply double the cream cheese if you don't have a mild cheese to add.

• What I will eat tomorrow for lunch, if anyone is curious.

1 cup of chopped Broccoli
    1 cup of chopped Asparagus
    3 ounces of Shrimp
    1 cup of chopped Sweet Potato

You can season it however you want (sodium free seasoning is suggested), boil/fry, add or take away to this. I, personaly, don't season anything and I boil everything. The reason why is because I mash the sweet potato and mix the vegetables with it. Since the sweet potato has lots of flavor it doesn't require me to season anything else.
    About 5 shrimps (the ones I bought) are 90 calories, no fat and a good amount of protein. However, be careful with the cholesterol because my shrimps do have 105 mgs and thats about the same as an egg. You dont want to eat two eggs in the morning then have shrimp for lunch. You will overboard on cholesterol. Just watch what you consume throughout the day.
  • For breakfast today, I wanted something fast, on the go where I can get something that will sustain my hunger until my snack time. This is what I made and it's really nice and heavy on my stomach.

350 HEALTHY Calories:

1 cup of Horizon Fat Free Organic Milk (90 calories).
    1 whole Turbana Banana (100 calories).
    3 tablespoons of Chia Seeds (160 calories / 12 g Fiber / 5 g Protein / No sugar!). *Plus they are flavorless!

For me, blending the banana with the cup of milk and chia seeds made a very heavy smoothie and it keeps me full for a while. This does not have to be a breakfast, it could be anything, even a snack.
  • Here is my meal plan for November 8,
    Everything adds up to about 900 calories not including the snacks.

20jw09r7a3sc.jpg

If you can't see the meals... post below and I will write them down.