Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Holidays

scrapalooza
scrapalooza Posts: 335 Member
Anyone else spend the holidays alone? & love it??? LOL My daughter is 12 & I can actually leave her home for a few hours to go do things but her dad doesn't live in the same city anymore & I have no family here, I homeschool & have a daycare at home so I can homeschool, sooo.... I literally have her 24/7 & she is a tween! Ugh!!! She is going with her dad over Thanksgiving & I want to just stay home BY MYSELF. lol My family doesn't understand, they are freaking out that I will be home by myself for the holidays. puhlease leave me alone, I want to be myself in my home to do as I wish. They keep on & on & I have run out of words, I don't want to argue with them but really. So give me some new material to argue with LOL!!!

Replies

• free1220
    free1220 Posts: 416 Member
    Lie...lol...tell them you made plans with friends but don't get too elaborate or you'll live your life covering up that lie!
  • thadenge
    thadenge Posts: 51 Member
    Anyone else spend the holidays alone? & love it??? LOL My daughter is 12 & I can actually leave her home for a few hours to go do things but her dad doesn't live in the same city anymore & I have no family here, I homeschool & have a daycare at home so I can homeschool, sooo.... I literally have her 24/7 & she is a tween! Ugh!!! She is going with her dad over Thanksgiving & I want to just stay home BY MYSELF. lol My family doesn't understand, they are freaking out that I will be home by myself for the holidays. puhlease leave me alone, I want to be myself in my home to do as I wish. They keep on & on & I have run out of words, I don't want to argue with them but really. So give me some new material to argue with LOL!!!

You've made plans with one of your best friends to spend Thanksgiving with her...won't be a lie, I'm sure you are one of your best friends! lol I get the wanting to spend a holiday or just SOME time alone. I had the kind of thing with my daughter back in the day and while I loved her to death, sometimes...we needed some time apart! lol

• free1220
    free1220 Posts: 416 Member
    My dad and I are going to a Thanksgiving buffet.....yummy!