Finally liking Clara

Options
Happymelz
Happymelz Posts: 536 Member
So...I've not been a huge fan of Clara, especially since I LOVED LOVED LOVED the Ponds.
But, I have to say that she FINALLY has some personality. I'm warming up to her and I like her with the new doctor.
Maybe it is Mr. Pink? Idk...but FINALLY, I like her.
Anyone else?

Replies

• Amazon_Who
    Amazon_Who Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I do love Mr. Pink and as Clara gets used to the new Doctor I am liking her a little better. Plus she is not constantly Miss Perfectly Perky all the time.
  • MarshallBlaire
    MarshallBlaire Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    She is cool, but, I liked her better as souffle girl.
  • Amazon_Who
    Amazon_Who Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I believe she is staying at least part of next season.
  • fannyfrost
    fannyfrost Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I always kind of liked Clara, but she lacked strength but that is because of the writers. I don't think Moffat can write a strong female character. Mr Pink did add some dimension to her personality. I do like the new doctor though.
  • DoctahJenn
    DoctahJenn Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    I get where they were trying to go with Clara. She was supposed to be the first companion who could give him a run for his money in intelligence. But the issue with that is, the whole premise of the show is that the Doctor is smarter than everyone around him. That's why he can save the world time and again. When you throw in someone who is supposed to be just as clever, you sort of take away his super power.

And I won't even go into how they tried over and over again to give her a mystical backstory.

I don't care for Clara as a companion, but I also don't hate her the way I used to.
  • Kimdbro
    Kimdbro Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    I'm just now beginning to warm to her, basically the Christmas Special was the first time I didn't throw things at the TV out of agitation with her. I really hated Mr. Pink, I'm so happy that we're finally done with that business.
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,154 Member
    Options
    kimdbro wrote: »
    I'm just now beginning to warm to her, basically the Christmas Special was the first time I didn't throw things at the TV out of agitation with her. I really hated Mr. Pink, I'm so happy that we're finally done with that business.

And here I was hoping we'd get Danny as the new companion when Clara left.
  • MommysLittleMeatball
    MommysLittleMeatball Posts: 2,064 Member
    Options
    grimendale wrote: »
    kimdbro wrote: »

And here I was hoping we'd get Danny as the new companion when Clara left.

I loved Danny. Clara really annoyed me this past season. I loved her as Souffle Girl, the Impossible Girl story line was so intriguing...and then there was this season. She just seemed so prissy and untrusting. I don't know. I did like her better with Danny and I thought Danny was a great balance of charm, hero, curiosity, and suspicion.

I think how she was written from the season premiere (Deep Breath, IMO the best episode of the season) just put a bad taste in my mouth. She seemed so put off by 12. And always seems to be that way through the season. Capaldi was brilliant in Deep Breath and so was the writing - smartly addressing all the buzz the new Doctor generated before the season premiered.

(BTW, I just realized this was a group and joined. Hi :) )