What are your favorite workouts?

Options
I have several workouts that I like! I like running in general and using weight machines at the gym. I also really like blogilates' youtube channel for my abs and back workouts. I have a few small weights at home that I have used to improve my arm strength. I am going to to get in a blogilates video when I get home tonight. What are your workout plans for today?

Replies

• segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    I hate working out.

There, I said it. I admit it. I hate everything about going to the gym. I've never been able to stick with it. I've let dozens of gym memberships lapse.

My favourite form of exercise is the kind that doesn't feel like exercise. I walk, use public transit, or cycle (in the warmer months) to get most everywhere. I ski in the winter. I run around doing a zillion things with friends, go out dancing, do improv comedy, and basically try to keep as active as possible without "working out" per se.

November's a toughie though since it's sorta in between season. I just signed up for a free trial at a spinning class with a friend of mine, so we're gonna check that out this week and see if we like it.
  • AmandaLeighisme
    AmandaLeighisme Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I don't really have any favorite workouts, mainly because I'm just getting started with really working out.
    I've been walking on the treadmill (almost) every day for the last few weeks, mainly because I'm not in shape enough to run. I try to get in 2 miles and over the last six weeks or so I've actually cut my mile time down a few minutes.
    We have a rowing machine and I try to use that but my lovely father moved it into the garage and now SoCal decided to finally get chilly so I don't know that it'll be comfortable to go row out in a cold garage.
    I also try to jump rope just to keep moving. I hadn't jumped rope since like second grade and was kinda surprised I could still do it.
    I want to get into strength training and I've been told to try CrossFit (and variations of it) because it seems to suit the goals I mentioned in the goals thread on here. But I'm looking for ways to start properly (we have like a whole home gym in the garage so equipment really shouldn't be a problem). But I have like zero muscle (I can't even do one pushup) so I need the baby steps that will get me to the "squat a sumo wrestler" levels that CrossFit is known for.
    If anyone has any suggestions, I'd love to hear them.
  • LoveToDance9
    LoveToDance9 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I can appreciate you wanting to build some strength before starting something like crossfit and it sounds like you got access to lots of equipment. Just know that crossfit is really for all levels. You just have to find a good crossfit gym. They will have any beginners do an intro course that teaches you basic movement. Then every workout has modifications. At my gym there are plenty of people who start with no weight on the bars or doing all modifications (I do some modifications, though I can lift a good amount).
    Only throwing it out there in case you are interested, but just think that crossfit is all tough fit people... :)

Otherwise, I would suggest starting with some body weight work...
    I don't really have any favorite workouts, mainly because I'm just getting started with really working out.
    I've been walking on the treadmill (almost) every day for the last few weeks, mainly because I'm not in shape enough to run. I try to get in 2 miles and over the last six weeks or so I've actually cut my mile time down a few minutes.
    We have a rowing machine and I try to use that but my lovely father moved it into the garage and now SoCal decided to finally get chilly so I don't know that it'll be comfortable to go row out in a cold garage.
    I also try to jump rope just to keep moving. I hadn't jumped rope since like second grade and was kinda surprised I could still do it.
    I want to get into strength training and I've been told to try CrossFit (and variations of it) because it seems to suit the goals I mentioned in the goals thread on here. But I'm looking for ways to start properly (we have like a whole home gym in the garage so equipment really shouldn't be a problem). But I have like zero muscle (I can't even do one pushup) so I need the baby steps that will get me to the "squat a sumo wrestler" levels that CrossFit is known for.
    If anyone has any suggestions, I'd love to hear them.