Brag Your *kitten* Off!! Fall Back Edition

Options
Allright all you awesome ladies and gentleman, let's hear about how your weekend went. I finished the Cuyamaca 6K in 21:54. 27th OA/5th AG.

Replies

• JustWant2Run
    JustWant2Run Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    DNS my marathon because of some bug I catched....

I'll need to wait for 2015 to do some other back-to-back marathons!
    Oh well, I'm more motivated than ever now.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Monumental HM in 2:22:20. My only brag is that I finished down the full marathon chute and blew by an elite and people cheered a lot.
  • maybyn
    maybyn Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    No bragging for me. Wanted to finish sub-50 but managed only 51:xx, darn it! Ultimate goal is to get below 3:55 FM to BQ in 2016. I'm sooo close...
  • DavidMartinez2
    DavidMartinez2 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Umm, where are the post from Jen and Carriendar? Both of them had great weekends and they need to be bragging about how awesome they are.
  • RunnerElizabeth
    RunnerElizabeth Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    I ran my first full!!! I ran it easy because it was my first and i didn't know what I was doing and the wind was insane. I just didn't want it to suck. It was so fun! But yeah, I kind of want to do another one to try and run it faster than training pace. I mean, I'm glad I didn't walk at all and I never felt bad, but 4:50:57 was my time and i know I can do better. Marathons are supposed to feel at least a little bad, right? Still happy to be a marathoner though!
  • Carrieendar
    Carrieendar Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    3:12:39!! City of Oaks Marathon

4th female overall and 300$ prize winner!
    27 overall

I also won a cool painting of a greenway :)

20 minute PR

3 hour marathon: look out!!!! Here I come!
  • Carrieendar
    Options
    Oh, and my profile pic is from the local paper :)
  • Carrieendar
    Options
    And 1275 ft climb
  • sarahz5
    sarahz5 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    Incredible results everyone!!!! Congrats Carrieendar!!!!

I ran my third half marathon, Princeton Half Marathon, trained better than the last two, and shaved off four minutes as a result. I've sub-2:00'd before, but this time it wasn't by a few seconds - hit 1:56:06. Course had some huge hills but the downhills made up for it. Schizophrenic splits. Stoked to continue increasing my mileage in preparation for my first marathon in the spring, but also looking forward to seeing how this increased speed works out on a 5k course!
  • jturnerx
    jturnerx Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I just finished my first 100 mile race. 511 starters, 288 finishers. Crushed my time goal. That is all. ;)
  • AsellusReborn
    AsellusReborn Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    I ran my first 50k! In awful uber windy conditions. But I finished!
  • jennalink807
    jennalink807 Posts: 226 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Finished second in my AG and 10th overall at a local quarter marathon (it still counts even if only like 100 ppl ran it)! Finished in 1:01.58, started the race not planning to push it since my FM was just 2 weeks ago, but realized I was doing well at the turnaround point and picked it up in the second half. SO WINDY and very cold, but was proud of my finish time! I'm determined to get a sub 2-hour half marathon in May. Starting the speed-work now!

Congrats to all of you bad a$$es!
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    I finished my first half marathon in 2:22:47. I'm still riding the high 2 days later. Can't wait for the next one!
  • valentine4
    valentine4 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    jturnerx wrote: »
    I just finished my first 100 mile race. 511 starters, 288 finishers. Crushed my time goal. That is all. ;)

have you a blog? I would love to read it. My brag is slightly smaller - Dublin city marathon 4.46 ( just in case I didn't mention it :smile: am only coming down from the high now
  • pmur
    pmur Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    WTG folks! my next race is next month and reading about all your successes gives me a lot of positive vibes!
  • jturnerx
    jturnerx Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    valentine4 wrote: »
    jturnerx wrote: »

have you a blog? I would love to read it. My brag is slightly smaller - Dublin city marathon 4.46 ( just in case I didn't mention it :smile: am only coming down from the high now

Yes, I do. I'm working on the race report right now. It's a lot to process as you can imagine.

• fleetzz
    fleetzz Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    First placement in the field ever---2nd in age group for Lake Nona at Night 5K--27:13, a PR for me B)

I finished a 2 mile race in 17:13 a couple weeks ago--boy do I slow down the longer I run.

I guess that I still have lots of improvement potential :)
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    Congrats everyone!! Looks like we have a group of certified butt-kickers here!
  • electriq
    electriq Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I'm slow so this is not an objective brag but just in terms of my personal improvement: I smashed my expectation and my PB by more than 12 minutes for a HM by running 2:23:19 on Sunday. I also took a couple of minutes off my PB 10K which is now 1:04:37, Yay!!
  • tkillion810
    tkillion810 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Wow - so many amazing accomplishments in this thread!! It's so motivating reading about everyone's successes! Way to go!!

Two weeks ago I attempted my first 50k but only managed to finish 21 miles. Last weekend I went set out to finish what I started. I ran a 50k in a non-race supported style, on my own! 31.25 slow and steady miles. I blogged about it - you can read more about it here: http://myfitfocusedlife.com/facing-and-overcoming-fears/