Had a pelvis scan today.

Options
Hey everyone.
I had my pelvic exam today, all went well.
The sonographer told me my ovaries looked "chunky" and that I have the "beads" on the ovaries so nothing's changed. She said my womb looked healthy and that there was nothing out of the ordinary going on down there except for the pcos.

I feel a bit weird, kind of like sad but not, I know that doesn't make sense!
I wanted them to say that there was some sort of improvement or something, just SOMETHING, I mean, something would be better than nothing right? But no, there's nothing 'new' or 'different' down there, makes me feel that this whole journey is pointless, if I can loose just over 10% of my beginning weight and STILL have nothing different going on down there, no improvement, no nothing good then what is the point?

Secondly, I phoned the hospital today to find out when I'd see an ob/gyn and they said.... FEBRUARY!
I got referred in May this year! What the efffffffff!? So annoying.
Anyway, that's my rant. X x x

Replies

• miranda_mom
    miranda_mom Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    I might be wrong, but I think the "beads" stay no matter what once you have them. The point is to try to not get more!
  • fayelobeck89
    fayelobeck89 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I've read online that PCOS is apparently reversible. It's something I've read but haven't actually heard of.

I know they can improve, the less you have the more likely you ovulate regularly so I was kind of hoping to see an improvement, or something to explain why it's been such a long time since i had a period. I asked the sonographeer of there was a lot of build up of endometrium and she said that's there wasn't. I was just expecting some sort f explanation but got nothing