Day 43: Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Options
balancedwalker
balancedwalker Posts: 686 Member
edited November 2014 in Social Groups
It is challenging to stay under calories in chilly cold weather. So, may I ask for my warm weather back in LA. Adding for my 2 hours of walk on Monday I barely break even the calories. For Tuesday, my aim is to stay within my calories limit without the help of walks.

How are you coping with the cold weather and maintaining your goals? November 4 is also a day to put "I Voted" sticker on your shirt :smile: here in US

Replies

• bigroastdinner
    bigroastdinner Posts: 263 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Yesterdays goals went pretty well apart from going to bed at a sensible time. Hopefully will do better tonight. My other goals include:
    - 8 glasses of water
    - Under calories

We'll leave it at that for today. As for the cold weather, I try and drink hot drinks, or soup which aren't too high in calories but keep me warmer and therefore less cravings for stodge!

Have a great day :)

Edit: me being an idiot talking about today instead of yesterday...
  • princessmommy122
    princessmommy122 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Definitely voting! I couldn't do my long run Sunday, so I did it yesterday, nine miles! My half marathon is Sunday, so I am just doing some easy runs this week, getting ready for Sunday and staying within my cals, eating back most of my exercise calories.

When reading everyone's struggles and successes yesterday, I was reminded of what someone close to me says they say in AA; keep coming, it works. That is how I feel about challenges on myfitnesspal and especially this group. This is my third challenge this year and I am within an inch of my overall goal. Keep showing up, commenting, and most importantly, tracking, and in the long run, it works! I have had many stumbles along this journey but continue to be encouraged and inspired by the stories and daily work of the people on this site. Good luck, all!
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    Hit my goals yesterday. My legs are killing me after the legs & back p90x workout. It's a good thing, but my weight is up from the post workout water retention.

Goals today:
    1. stay within calories
    2. 10,000 steps
    3. p90x: Kenpo x
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was a great day! I fasted and actually did very well compared to my past few weeks! Today's goal is to stay within my calculated TDEE (1,620 calories), exercise and stay away from sweets. I'm trying to cut the bond between me and sugar :)

Hope everyone has a great day!
  • danelutza19
    danelutza19 Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    I don't feel the gratest today. For over a week I have been squeezing mini candy bars in my diet and it's becoming a habit more than an occasional treat. I can really feel it in my body's gentle responses and today I want to break the pattern and treat my body right and feed it what it needs and really wants. Those little candy bars seem pretty harmless in the begining but once the carb count jumps over 100g funny things begin to happen and they become gateways for more substantial craving. Enough with the winning, it's time for me to get my body back on track. Best of luck to everyone and especially to those who have a sweet tooth like myself.
    Let's all have a great day!!!
  • Kenda2427
    Kenda2427 Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    Not feeling the best either but better than last night but I still got in my 3.5 mile walk after supper. Was just over my calorie range by 50 cal so not to bad. So basically met yesterdays goals, today is measure and log and stay within range, DVD done for day, boot camp tonight. Keeping water intake up is still the hardest thing especially as it gets colder.
  • annangelich
    annangelich Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    This cold California weather sure does make it rather difficult to manage my intake! Yesterday I nearly tripled my sodium with a large bowl of soup. Yikes! Today my goal is to keep my sodium down and drink plenty of water and sweat out yesterday's sodium overload. Hope everyone has a great day and that you are all able to meet your goals.
  • LisasRoadtolosing100lbs
    Options
    it's a lovely fall day here is NY (long island)! I love the colder weather!

todays goals are
    -30 minutes of strength training
    -staying within my calories
    -15 to 16 cups of water
    - veggies veggies veggies
  • justdebbie1
    justdebbie1 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I meet yesterday's goals. Yesterday I worked a 12 hour shift so that helped with my steps for today. Today I go in at my regular time so I didn't get much sleep. Almost half way to my step goal, needing to work on water and calories.
  • nicolejo143
    nicolejo143 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I just joined the "Eat More 2 Weigh Less" group here on MFP. This means that I am going to start eating more. I feel that over dieting and exercising more and more may have slowed my metabolism. I was netting as low as under 800 calories a day, and eating as low as 1200-1300 a day. Despite netting lower and lower every week, I wasn't losing any more lbs. Then I started reading about bmr and tdee and I realized that maybe I'm doing this all wrong, eating below bmr and burning a lot from exercise on top of that. I realized need to actually eat more! This could cause a temporary spike in my weight but it is most likely not from fat gain. This could possibly sabotage my goals for this challenge, but I feel that this is a more long term solution for me. I also realize that since I always gain 10-15lbs every Christmas season, even simply maintaining would be a HUGE win! I am going to focus on Non-scale-victories more than my weight. Since joining this group I may not have lost many lbs at all, just a couple, but yet I lost 1 pant size! I will still weigh-in, but I am not going to let that number bother me if it doesn't go down. My weight actually just spiked up to my start weight the other day, but yet I still had to buy smaller pants! lbs aren't everything I guess.