Spreadsheet Link

Options

Replies

• cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,445 Member
    Options
    Thank you Fitb440goal for creating the spreadsheet for us! (*) <--you!

It worked for me...no problem...now, if I can only weight less tomorrow than I did yesterday!

Have a great day everyone.

Chris
  • mary231
    mary231 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Thanks Chris!
  • WWnot
    WWnot Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    So here's the thing: I'm at that lovely age where sometimes, no matter I do, the weight doesn't shift, and sometimes it does - incrementally down or even worse, not so incrementally up (sometimes there's a good reason for the up-tick!). So, to log via the spreadsheet seems like a great idea for visibility, accountability, motivation and focus and all the other good reasons. On the other hand, if inspite of all good and necessary efforts, the weight doesn't move, I'm left with a pretty visible reminder and 70 calories of egg on my face and I'll have to disappear off the face of the MFP earth. (Self imposed, of course.)
    - Finally, and on the 3rd hand (might explain the extra weight?), perhaps I should just suck it up, post away, do my d*mnedest and see what happens. And everything will then go swimmingly and the angst will have been for not. I have already crossed a new line by actually posting. My first ever, EVER, was "I'm in" to this challenge and this is number 2. Thoughts? Nudges? A virtual swat to the back of my head to knock some sense into it?
    - wishing you all a good, positive and successful day tomorrow!
  • Surfingbodi
    Surfingbodi Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat we not and I also don't like to weigh every week. However I do see it as a way to be accountable which I really need personally as I know that while my weight loss is really slow, it needs to continue to happen and these days I am thrilled when it hasn't jumped up another 3-5 lbs. when I do weigh, I try to do it three days in a row and take an average to smooth out those hurtful spikes that are not really meaningful as well as not accurate. The same can be true for a really low weigh in which can lead me to be disappointed when I weigh again a couple of weeks later and have not lost any or even gained a bit after a lot of work. Do you measure as well?
  • WWnot
    Options
    I'll answer your easy question first: nope, I don't measure. I fear that b/c I couldn't be sure that I've got the tape in the same place each time that the data wouldn't be reliable. And then I'd either be stoked or disappointed on questionable results. It's ok if you tell me I'm over thinking it! :smile:
    I actually weigh every day and have for a few years now. I started because I wanted to see if I could spot patterns day over day, week over week etc and now year over year. Once I realized that the youthful losing weight fast days were over, I decided to focus on just trying to trend in the right direction.
    I guess this started around the time I was working with a colleague who was specializing in Lean Six Sigma and she drilled the importance of data based decision making into my head! I would have never guessed that the ideas of collecting data, looking for trends, data based decision making vs anecdotal based decisions etc would have jumped from my workplace into my brain with such effect.
    So to back to the daily weigh-in, if I feel I'm not doing so well, I can look at the little piece of paper on which I track the info and either (i) confirm that I need to look at focusing more or (ii) that the day's mood isn't based on the real results. And sometimes I have to force myself to write the number down and i wince as it do it.
    I did try the spreadsheet but my entries didn't seem to calculate properly; since it was public I backed away from it. Now I just try to focus on trending in the right direction over time. :blush:
  • Surfingbodi
    Options
    thank you WWnot! i actually almost gave up today because my 'new' scale first weighed me at about 4 lbs under my hope so it was close enough to seem possible. when i noticed though that the other numbers it measure were really off, i redid the process (again, and again and again) and was actually 0.5 over what I had thought very reasonable based on my careful eating/measuring and exercise logging. i don't believe in the use of scales when I am in a target healthy range but I have to admit that the way I gained almost 25 lb in 18 months was due to the fact that I never weigh myself and while I had already been carrying an extra 7 or 8 lbs, I said that was why my clothes were tight and I just started wearing really comfortable huge things (as I like my clothes to be baggy) so the way I found out that I was overweight (and medically by the way for my height) was at the doctor's office stepping on the scale. I almost had a heart attack so my hope is that once I get to that target weight that I know gives me room both directions to be healthy, i just don't feel like i can trust myself. ugggghhh!

• WWnot
    Options
    Was it Captain James T. Kirk who said "Stay the course"? (Does this count as a SciFi reference? )
  • fitb440goal
    fitb440goal Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting the link in a separate thread. :-)
  • Surfingbodi
    Options
    Great job on the spreadsheet progress! I am really inspired. I do not plan to weigh again till the 15th but I am still in!
  • Surfingbodi
    Options
    ok, i changed my mind and felt 'light' this morning and weighed in ahead of time. luckily i was!
  • WWnot
    Options
    you're too funny! and good for you for knowing how you "felt" :-)
  • Surfingbodi
    Options
    now i'm not! oh well. i'll enter it anyway :)