Accidental bear - looking to slim down

Options
Hello

As the photo shows, I over the years became a bear. Now bears are fine, - if they're your thing - but it wasn't something I purposefully wanted.

Rather, I was a guy who just ate too much; too much of the good stuff (yes, I fit every cliche of cooking from srcatch daily; and you're as likely to find a chicken carcass in my freezer for stockmaking as you are ice-cream - which is always also home-made, natch)

So you get the idea. I like food a lot. I also earn my living from it: I'm director for England of the biggest quality food NGO in the world.

But the weight piled on, and whilst too old to be a twink, I equally found life as an accidental bear tough - high blood pressure, prediabetic state being loud alarms.

I have already shed almost two stone, and have another two and half to go. Would be good to have a few more cheerleaders on the marathon path, and for me to likewise do the same.

Feel free to add me, particularly if you're in the UK. Gender, age etc don't matter.

SH

Replies

• KitoBrandt
    KitoBrandt Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I completely understand what you mean.

A few years ago I started working and eventually working as support in a call center environment for IT. I started off weighing about 160 and was looking pretty twinky, which I didn't really mind. As the years have gone on, I've packed on pounds from the convenience store purchases that are just so easy to make, especially when it's attached to your office building.

Now I'm about 205 pounds, and while my doctors have stated that I'm in great health, I can see it going down hill fast if I keep on the trend. While no one has called me fat, I can definitely see myself accidently becoming a cub or bear (which the added facial hair doesn't help). While I'm pretty attracted to bears myself, I'd rather be about thirty pounds slimmer than what I'm at.

Started running every other day, walking the days in between, and watching my beer intake. More friends that are into keeping tabs on their health is always great!

Add me if you'd like!

Kito
  • JonDyn
    JonDyn Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I would love to be able to pull off being a bear, but a thinner one (whatever that is), though i think it is personality reliant too,
    I think i could stand to lose another couple of stone too
  • daybehavior
    daybehavior Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    I believe you would be going for the "otter" look, Jonny :P
  • shanehollanduk
    shanehollanduk Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    An otter, huh?

*wry smile*
  • exwilson
    exwilson Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Ahh yes. The otter. Such a great look.

Slide1.jpg
  • exwilson
    Options
    And feel free to add me anyone.
  • shanehollanduk
    Options
    Nice otter!
  • JonDyn
    Options
    So which one am i meant to be?
  • shanehollanduk
    Options
    Which would you like, Jon?
  • JonDyn
    Options
    Well the guy on the right is cute, but the guy on the left is rocking the wet look
  • exwilson
    Options
    He's got a swimmer's build.
  • shanehollanduk
    Options
    First pick your otter...
  • GhostriderMav
    GhostriderMav Posts: 308 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I would kill to have the otter look!! Well the swimmer look. I am not a fan of body and facial hair
  • shanehollanduk
    Options
    A shaved otter? Interesting concept.

I like my stubble. I like my chest/tummy hair.

Over two stone lost, I even start to really like how I look generally. I haven't been able to say that for a very long time.

SH
  • pierremignon
    pierremignon Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I hear ya, fellas. I've always been drawn to bears, but I can't pull off being one due to health reasons. And I'm unfortunately hairless! Most I can do is probably keep a few of these love handles cos I reckon I look a tad better with a little more meat ;)
  • shanehollanduk
    Options
    So boys (and girls) I thought it was time for an update.

I had gotten to the point of being so ashamed of how I looked, that I would only even use a black and white photo

Well here is an interim shot in colour; some 3 stone lighter (42lb) - another 2 stone to go

rt4o8th4wbzp.jpg
    l797t7on8r6o.jpg
  • MrsCakeyBun
    Options
    Aww wet look? Dry look? Bear? Otter? fluffy? shaved? you're all gorgeous
  • shanehollanduk
    Options
    A wet otter? Now that sounds good...
  • asianOtter
    asianOtter Posts: 5 Member
    Options