Week #1 - Brand new start!

Options
Josieqc
Josieqc Posts: 14 Member
Hey Team! I am happy you guys joined me on this journey! I am curious to find out what health plan each of you are following. I am on the eat clean diet from Tosca Reno plus I avoid anything containing wheat. :-)

Replies

• okulyd
    okulyd Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I love Tosca Reno! I'm currently following ETP (eat to perform). I am trying to cut out dairy and greatly reduce alcohol intake. I mostly eat clean and find that diary is causing me to have difficulty breathing when I workout. I love greek yogurt and am having trouble finding other foods to swap it out of my diet. Those are my challenges for the next 7 weeks.
  • LumberJacck
    LumberJacck Posts: 559 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I'm doing low carb, and will be eating the same thing every day. I may need to tweak it as needed, and also I have a tendency to reward myself for doing stressful activities, I'm looking for work, so there are lots there.
  • jadeous
    jadeous Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I am shooting for a whole food vegan diet but I am not even close to that now so we'll see what happens. Day 1 is going good aside from a handful of candy corn :)
  • Chewie324
    Options
    I did food sensitivity testing so I need to stay away from all things soy, dairy ( I can have goat cheese and goat milk) whey, black bean, green beans and all beef. It's not to bad...I have found substitutes that I like...so far so good....
  • Peta314
    Peta314 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm just being careful with calories and try to add protein (which is hard for me) and cutting a bit on carbs (like pasta... which I love!). I'm also doing a 30 minutes workout 6 days a week (30 day shred right now). Do any of you take protein shakes or something like that for your workouts? What to do guys have for breakfast on a regular day?
  • Josieqc
    Josieqc Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    my breakfast is always the same. oatmeal with berries and 4 egg whites
  • naela1111
    Options
    I forgot to post my food plan. In the past I have done weight watchers and it worked, but have found the new program to be so cumbersome and time consuming. Trying out my fitness pal just tracking calories and having a deficit of daily vs. exercise burned. Focusing on cutting out processed food, limit dairy breads and pastas, and eating Real foods. Biggest struggle for me is always the sugar and cheat days have turned into cheat weeks.
  • Peta314
    Peta314 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Naela I know what you mean! I've been the same... how are you doing now with MFP? I find that by looking at the net calories I'm able to resist junk food and make healthier choices. And If I happen to cheat in some way, I feel guilty and make sure I don't miss my workout that day. Might as well be called MyFitnessPolice! ;)