Day 45: Thursday, November 6, 2014

Options
balancedwalker
balancedwalker Posts: 686 Member
edited November 2014 in Social Groups
I am excited to be at half way to the half point. I stayed with in calories on Wednesday and walked for good 144 minutes. If I can do the same on Thursday it will be great.

Wanted to share this WSJ article which is so relevant to our goals and what we are striving as a group:

http://online.wsj.com/articles/staying-in-shapefor-real-this-time-1415232052?mod=WSJ_hpp_MIDDLE_Video_Top

What is chasing you in your dreams? For me it's the chocolate mousse pastry ☺️

Replies

• Maalea
    Maalea Posts: 16,183 Member
    Options
    I didn't make it to the gym yesterday, the rest of my goals were okay.
    Today I am invited at a work-related party in the evening - my goal is to pay attention to what I am eating, but not worry too much and enjoy it.
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    Hit my goals yesterday!

Goals today:
    1. stay within calories
    2. 10,000 steps
    3. P90x: Chest & Back, Ab Ripper X
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing the article...it's funny how his son doesn't remember where the halloween candy bag is, but he does! So familiar!!

OK what's chasing me is those high sugar things...cookies, chocolate bars, ice cream. I've been wanting to get off the dang sugar for awhile now and I'm struggling. It IS very addictive. But this gives me inspiration that I can (again)!

Today's goals are:
    1. Stay within calories
    2. 12,000 steps
    3. lifting weights tonight
    4. STAY AWAY FROM COOKIES!! :)
  • Kenda2427
    Kenda2427 Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    Achieved all goals yesterday including water intake for the first time! Today I have done my workout DVD and have boot camp tonight, so continue to focus on calories, hitting macros and the water.
  • annangelich
    annangelich Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Well I didn't do as great as I had hoped yesterday, but, today is a new day.
    Thank you for sharing the article. I am continuously chased by this gigantic 'I want more of everything' monster. I got in a 30 minute walk yesterday with my oldest daughter. I think we are going to make this a daily thing. It was all easy going until we had to hike up hill, the last quarter mile dragging two empty 96 gallon garbage cans. I swear there were times I almost rolled backwards. I wanted to be within 1 or 2% of the 50% goal, but it looks like that won't be happening. No worries here, I will just keep pushing and bettering myself every day.
    Hope Everyone has a fantastic Thursday!
  • danelutza19
    danelutza19 Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    Candy free for two days now!!!
    I did experience some cravings late last night but I learned to recognize that watching a movie on the couch and being sleepy are the triggers for the cravings. So I pretended that already ate something sweet and went on with my night.
    For today I'm excited that my quads don't hurt so, I can rock my squats. If I time things right, I might be able to do my yoga class right after lifting and then my body will be all good!
    Have a great day everyone!
  • justdebbie1
    justdebbie1 Posts: 214 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Was under my calories yesterday. Only had 1 fun size box of NERDS yesterday. Today I work so should do pretty good on steps and water.
  • Pandathon
    Pandathon Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Ran twice this week but had friends over for dinner and ate back most of the burned calories... Today was OK, I took some time to walk to the mall at lunch time and stayed below calories. Starting to feel a slight backache, probably from running as i'm still quite heavy... may have to give it a rest for a few days, or at least take it easy and shorten sessions.
  • kikontx
    kikontx Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I wasn't able to get the jog in yesterday because of the weather. So I will try again today for that. Been doing good with limiting myself to one sweet treat a day (fun size candy from Halloween right now) and keeping it with my calorie goal. So happy about that.

Goals for Day 45

- Drink 80-90 oz of water
    - Stay under calorie goal
    - Jog 2.5 miles and core strength training

69324449.png
  • ketowerdefense
    ketowerdefense Posts: 397 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Work is seriously kicking my butt, so today was a rest day by force. Tomorrow's going to be just as busy with meetings at 10, 12 and 3:30, so I'm just aiming to keep my calories in check, and get as much water in as possible (minimum 8 glasses)!