Thinking about quitting T25 and may be try PIYO

Options
smayanmom
smayanmom Posts: 11 Member
Hi everyone
Since last few days I have been thinking about switching to PIYO instead of T25... it feels like a little too much for me... Yes I am following Tania.. but still I find it really difficult..especially the pushups and planks.. I can just not do it.. and then after the workout I feel really sad.. about not giving my 100%...
May be thats because of the underlying fear I have about getting hurt.. I cant afford an injury at this moment.... I have a full time job and an always running toddler to take care of...

But the other part of me wants to continue.... I have lost around 3lbs in the last couple of weeks.. and I am finally back into my prepregnancy pants....I cant wait to see my results after 10 weeks..... I am so confused... please help

Replies

• webdevsoup
    webdevsoup Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I think you should push through. Continue to do the modifiers. It takes a while to build muscle, and discipline to do it. The biggest part is NOT GIVING UP! As your body works more and more, you'll build more and more muscle. As long as you don't over-exert yourself, you won't get injured. Keep doing the modifiers, keep doing the exercises. You're getting results, and that's the important part.

Of course, it's completely up to you. After the wife and I finish T25, she's getting PIYO and I'm getting P90 (just P90, not P90X).

Try not to focus on what you DIDN'T do, but focus on what you DID do. You are doing the workouts, your pushing your body, and that's how your body transforms. That's how you build muscle. No pain, no gain, as they say. Break your body down, and build it back up. "Pain is weakness leaving the body."

Keep pushing, and watch your body transform. It took you a while to get to where you are now, it's going to take you a while to get back to where you want to be.
  • webdevsoup
    Options
    Here's a quote that JUST came on Shaun T's facebook: "Progress is not determined by the way you look. It's determined by the determination you have to look the way you look.

Just keep the focus and YOUR best body will come. Just keep looking at your own reflection!"
  • smayanmom
    Options
    thank you webdevsoup... that was very motivating... love the statement ..."Pain is weakness leaving the body"... I am going to push through it... :)
  • webdevsoup
    Options
    Call me Adam... And you're welcome! :)
  • smayanmom
    Options
    Thanks Adam ;)
  • skinny4me2be
    skinny4me2be Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Hang in there! You can do this!! If you have to follow the modifier do it- Don't give up. I hate having to follow the modifier too, but I have to listen to my body so I don't injure it. I HAVE to tell myself I did the very best I could. Each time I re-do the video, I will try one thing different, maybe trying to hold the plank one second longer or maybe try one more rep before going to the modifier...just little pushes that help get you there. If you can't do it-follow the modifier so you don't get hurt! Like Shaun T says 'your still working hard!' YOU CAN DO THIS! :-)
  • becclesbecca
    becclesbecca Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. I agree. If you work to the best of your ability you are going to improve and gradually see changes. Exercise is for life - there's no rush to be the best. If you concentrate on doing it well rather than fast you won't get injured. And as Adam said, focus on the small improvements and what you actually can do. It is more than some people could. Don't beat yourself up and good luck.
  • taxreliever8
    taxreliever8 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hey Adam, is that the new P90 coming out? Not the old one, right? Which, btw, I still use every now and then to mix it up and still love it!
  • stickytapir
    Options
    Maybe if you feel the need, some days swap out the T25 workouts for the exercise you prefer to do, but try to come back to T25. That's what I'm doing currently, as T25 aggravated some hip flexor soreness, so I'm alternating days between my favourite (pilates) with T25.

Do your best, you know your body, but try to go for as long as you can :)
  • webdevsoup
    Options
    Tax - Correct. The one that just came out earlier this month.
  • skinny4me2be
    skinny4me2be Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    What is the P90 that just came out? Can we get more details? Is it similar to T25? Not?
  • webdevsoup
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Here's a link to P90. And a description:

Extreme programs like P90X® aren't for everyone. So welcome to the all-new P90—your gateway to getting fit regardless of your age or fitness level! Legendary trainer Tony Horton has now created shorter workouts that are simple, doable, and less extreme than his others, but still just as effective. So whether you haven't worked out in a decade, or you're just looking to maintain what you've got, P90 opens the door for you to see dramatic, visible results in just 90 days!

I haven't done the workouts yet, and I don't own the program, but I'll end up purchasing it to get myself ready for P90X/X2/X3...
  • katherinemab
    katherinemab Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    You can do this! We're all right there with you and are getting stronger together each week Even Tania has struggles with some of the modifiers. As Shawn T says," To believe in yourself, you must accept yourself. To accept yourself, you must TRUST in your power to BELIEVE."

Thanks for the heads up about P90 Adam, looks awesome!
  • smayanmom
    Options
    Thanks everyone... I am going to continue T25.. with renewed energy and determination
  • tiffanydawnn
    tiffanydawnn Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Hi @smayanmom... I follow Tania a lot of the time too. I'm in Week 4, and I'm following her less each day. You will get better. As long as you give each workout your very best, you should feel proud. No one in those videos started out at the level of fitness that they are at. They had to work to get there and so do we. I'm glad your sticking around!