FitBit Flex Battery issues and customer support

Hello friends,

I just wanted to drop a line and tell you of my recent woes with the Fitbit flex I purchased back in July. When the Fitbit flex completely discharges it sometimes is hard to get it to reset and accept a new charge. I had noticed this before but I was always eventually able to get it going. Anyway one day last week I allowed it to discharge completely and I was this time unable to get it to take a charge. I tried everything. You can imagine the frustration as like many of you I am completely addicted to my fitbit and it's ability to sync with my multiple fitness apps. I was very close to just ordering a new one but I was a bit put out about another 100 bucks after only 3 months. I contacted customer support from the website - verified my purchase via email and screenshot of receipt. I confirmed to them the recovery steps that had been attempted and failed. The company response to my emails was prompt and direct. My new Fitbit Flex arrived in the mail a few days ago 3 days after my initial email! That's customer service worth mentioning! New Fitbit is working great and I'm back on track. Wish everybody well in there fitness endeavors.

Cheers
Kevin

Replies

• gollyd74
    gollyd74 Posts: 2 Member
    I had the same experience. They replaced mine quickly and promptly. I was so grateful because I had purchased mine a month prior to it going out. The customer service is wonderful!!!
  • ItzPSGina62
    ItzPSGina62 Posts: 99 Member
    There are so many problems with this flex. I was thinking of just getting my money back. When it works, I LOVE IT~~~!!! I need it to be consistent!
  • jim180155
    jim180155 Posts: 769 Member
    My first experience with Fitbit customer service has not impressed me at all. I bought the new Charge. Fitbit processed the payment and shipped, but they shipped via the USPS. USPS thinks they delivered my package two days ago, but they didn't. I'm waiting for them to complete an "investigation." Meanwhile, Fitbit's response has basically been to let the post office handle it. They did say they'd eventually send out a replacement if the USPS cannot find the package, but by that time I think I'm just going to tell them to reverse the charges on my credit card and give me my money back.

All companies have problems and issues from time to time, but when you bring one to their attention, I expect them to jump through hoops to correct the issue. That type of response builds loyalty. Fitbit, on the other hand, seems to be a second rate company.
  • kevinsmithrn
    kevinsmithrn Posts: 70 Member
    Anyway - I had a great experience with a customer service department and usually that is something that NEVER happens. FitBit is definitely OK in my book.