Looking for support

Options
KellyUVA
KellyUVA Posts: 255 Member
Good morning. My name is Kelly and I have been a vegetarian for about a year. Recently have I been flirting with veganism; however, I am finding it incredibly hard to maintain on the weekends - brunch, dinner parties, etc. Cheese and eggs seem to sneak into everything.

Any seasoned vegans out there who could provide me with some support?

Replies

• BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Geez...I have no idea. Since I eat vegan from more of a dietary standpoint, sometimes I just say "take one for the team" and do the best I can. A great option too is for you to provide vegan friendly dishes for those occasions.
  • shreddin_mama
    shreddin_mama Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    Good question!! I'm a newbie too so I look forward to seeing answers. I know for thanksgiving I plan on making something Vegan to fill me up and to share
  • carriecarrio
    carriecarrio Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Dealing with social and family situations is one the most challenging aspects when becoming Vegan. I believe it takes practice and patience...bringing a Vegan dish that everyone will enjoy, checking the menu in advance before going to a restaurant or picking a Vegan friendly restaurant. Otherwise, try to make the best possible choices in those situations, every step is a step in the right direction. Try not to over stress about it.
  • jmunn1129
    jmunn1129 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Seasoned vegetarian for four years, vegan for nearly one. Feel free to add me if you want some daily support.
  • qxana1969
    qxana1969 Posts: 9,330 Member
    Options
    I would agree that social functions and meals out are the most challenging. It's surprising, for a town that is mostly restaurants that there isn't one exclusively vegetarian restaurant around in my town. However, for me it is important not to compromise my values so I manage by either eating ahead before social functions or bringing things if appropriate; and as far as restaurants a) I save a money and b) there are always salads :-) Best of luck to you!!!