Day 51: Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Options
balancedwalker
balancedwalker Posts: 686 Member
edited November 2014 in Social Groups
51 means that we have a second new beginning. We can be forgiving to our past lapses and work towards making the next 50 days the best.

I am back to work and love to be busy again. I have learned that for me three things are important to stay on track: 1) Calories under limit; 2) Walk; and 3) Being busy. So, now I will be working on these three goals till the end of the challenge. Will report the progress here.

How are you planning to spend Day 51?

Replies

• Maalea
    Maalea Posts: 16,183 Member
    Options
    I started with a walk to work, in the evening I am planning for the gym. Besides that, I try to eat more than 100g protein today.

Have a great day everyone!
  • jennalor
    jennalor Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Good morning! Today will be a long and busy day but also a productive one ( I hope ).

Todays goals are 1) hitting the gym, 2) drink at least 2 litres of water ( I've been very lacking lately), 3)track my calories.

I might even be able to get some Christmas shopping in before I go into work tonight.
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

Today's goals are:

1. Don't go over on my calories
    2. Get in a walk at lunch time and lift weights tonight

Have a great day everyone!!
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    Happy 51!

I hit my goals yesterday.

Goals for today:
    1. stay within calories
    2. 10,000 steps
    3. rest day!
  • danelutza19
    danelutza19 Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    Did really good yesterday food wise but went a bit over calories. Today my daughter feels better so I will go to the gym and do my workout.
    Calories are always good on workout days and so is water intake.
    I'm thinking ahead to reaching my final goals for the year; I'm 8 lb away and realizing that we are only midway to our final deadline gives me hope. I have noticed that my appetite has changed with the season. Not sure if it's just past experiences, or a legitimate hunger due to higher caloric needs in winter..... Should the trend continue, I'm considering switching to maintenance calories for the month of December. yes, progress might be slow that way, but, this is a lifestyle for me and staying in the game for the long run without burning out is way better.
    Have a great day everyone!
  • Kenda2427
    Kenda2427 Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    Back to work today after a 4 day weekend, managed to not gain too much on the extended weekend only .4 which is good considering its been so cold and I went into hibernation mode lol. Today I have done my DVD workout, will measure and log all food, stay under calories and try to get a walk in this evening depending on the temperature. And up my water, it fell terribly on weekend.
  • annangelich
    annangelich Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Day 51, happy day to all!
    On Day one of my journey (which ironically coincides with day one of this group) I had set some pretty big goals for myself, I am still trying to find my happy place for a steady pace of weight loss. Today I will spend some time reflecting on how far I have come and what I can and will change to get closer to reaching my goals.
    Today I will stay within my calories, get my workout in and drink plenty of water.
  • jafray4
    jafray4 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I am finally back at it. I was in a downward spiral for a while. My life has been crazy to say the least. Until last Sunday I was averaging 40 hrs at one job and 40+ with our small business. But today marks the day I am done with that well at least until next year lol. Still pulling crazy hours and not working out but I am taking time to eat right and getting more then an hour or two of sleep.
  • kikontx
    kikontx Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Love the attitude of a second new beginning. Will definitely keep that focus going forward.

I didn't do well on meeting goals yesterday. While I stayed under calorie goal, I didn't meet water or exercise goal. So will need to start my new beginning with getting back on track.

Goals for Day 51

- Drink 80-90 oz of water
    - Stay under calorie goal
    - Strength training and light cardio (walking)

So I guess we can also refer to this week as "hump week" since we are on the downhill slope to reaching 100 days.

69324449.png
  • justdebbie1
    justdebbie1 Posts: 214 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    25 degrees and all I want to do is try to get warm. My goals for the next 50 days are to try and keep busy and keep moving. Stay under my calories and get at least 12000 steps in a day.
  • kmcorc
    kmcorc Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I didn't get my workout video in yesterday, but I did stay under calories and got close to my 10,000 steps. I am down a couple of pounds as well, so I'll take it! I'm excited for Sunday's weigh in; although I put my numbers in already I will update Sunday if the # is lower. ;)

Goals for today:
    Get my calories
    Run C25K
    At least 96 oz water
  • princessmommy122
    princessmommy122 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I am so with you, balanced walker. When I am not busy, I find it impossible to stay within calories. Today I walked for 70 minutes. I am busy and on track with my cals. My focus for the next part of the challenge is to keep active.
  • LisasRoadtolosing100lbs
    Options
    hi all,
    sorry I've been MIA... I have been logging and watching my calories mostly. I gained a few pounds back but nothing too bad. When my husband is home that always happens.

IM back on track and up my daily workouts to 45 minutes
    goals
    c25k
    water 120 oz
    stay under calories