it felt great!

sweetcurlz67
sweetcurlz67 Posts: 1,168 Member
edited November 2014 in Social Groups
two weeks ago from today (tuesday) a guy messaged me. he wasn't really my type so i ignored him at first. plus i was headed to the gym so i didn't go back to his message. later in the day he messaged back. I figured why not i'll reply. I have been kinda picky so we'll see. Anyway, we set up to meet the following Thursday after i dropped my son off at school. He looks older than his picture and he IS older than what his profile states. anyway here's what he looks like (don't have a pict but i'll describe him: blonde hair blue eyes (not bad) about 5'11" or 6", does have kind of a little belly (ewww!) not huge but big for my liking. nice butt. he eats like CRAP! says when he was younger he worked out like we do and was in awesome shape but dayum... he needs to get back AT ITTT!!!

So we meet. I learn he's not from where I live, he's here for about a week for work. so then i'm like, ok, good, not my type so i can chill & not worry about him being my type or not cuz he's not even in the running! so i'll relax. we met at Starbucks at first and hung out there for just a bit. Then he wanted a lil tour of where I live so i got in his convertible camaro - top was down... and showed him around the island. We had a great time. He then had to go to work. He works with the guy I've mentioned before from March! I didn't tell him that though! LOL He got back at 10:45pm and talked me into meeting him at a local bar.

Long story shorter, after the second day meeting him (friday), I could tell he liked me more than 'normal'. he even paid for a massage for me on friday! it was confirmed on the third day when he made a comment "you're falling for me" which i was NOT but knew it was meant that he was falling for me! Saturday he spent most of the day with me, took me to a movie, and let me drive the camaro! did not see him Sunday or Monday.

one day when we went out I saw some local magazines in the passenger seat that i had to move. I didn't know what they were, I just moved them. He then said he was looking at houses in the area!!!! WTF?!?!?! he was checking out prices and such. He also told me he loves the area. we walked on the beach a couple times together. he took the initiative on everything! he held my hand, everything! he is quirky in some ways but still, the way he made me feel...

by the time it came to say good bye, i did find myself having feelings for this guy! UGH! WTF?!?!?! he treated me sooooo GREAT! he didn't judge me. it felt to me the way a guy is suppose to treat a girl when they are falling for each other. when he's 'courting' her. he did tell me he was falling for me but didn't want to give me false hope. he likes the way i tease him and push him to eat healthy and workout more. he said he loves how i'm sweet and caring. i finally got his real age out of him... he's 10 years older than i am. doesn't matter. age is just a number. he deleted his profile Wednesday evening but not before he asked for my email so he could keep in touch. i surprised him Thursday morning before he left for the airport for the final 'goodbye'. met him as he left his hotel to see him off.

no 'plans' to see each other in the future. he did say that if he comes down here again he'll call me. but we don't know when that will be or if that will ever be. i told him i won't hold my breath. he also doesn't want to give me false hopes. he wants me to move on with my life and find someone "better than him" - his words. again, won't hold my breath on either. just going to do my thing. if he comes back, great, if not so be it, i'll continue doing my thing. but super glad i had this experience! i now know what it feels like! it felt great! he wanted to take care of me, to protect me. he didn't even know me! but he knew me. it was weird! he asked me questions and some things he kind of instinctually knew... i can't even explain it properly. one week... thursday to thursday. just wow!

hated saying goodbye to this guy and he felt the same way - probably worse. i've NEVER had feelings like this before in my LIFE! UGH! weird, ha???

Replies

• pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Wow, that's quite a story for one week, glad you enjoyed every moment of it! Still, good to keep both your feet on the ground at this point.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Sounds great and I hope it works out. Sounds kinda like a movie if it idoes. Is it just me or is it strange to ask for someone's email and not phone number?
  • sweetcurlz67
    We already have each other's phone numbers. He has a gov't issued phn & doesn't text or anything elaborate on it. So email will replace text & sending pics if we do that. But like I said, I'm not going to hold my breath.

I called & left a message yesterday to thank him for his service. tomorrow is his birthday & I may call to say happy birthday but then that's it. Haven't received an email or call from him yet (since he left) but he did say I'd get one when I least expect it. (again, not holding my breath)
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Ahh okay that makes sense. Maybe he is just busy after getting back from being out of the office. People sometimes get wrapped up in their own life.
  • Tube_socks
    Tube_socks Posts: 808 Member
    I am happy that you are happy. But, it sounds a bit fishy. He sounds like those fast forward guys.... They rush, their emotions are huge and you're just so special to them unlike anybody before.

But then either time passes by or some other circumstance (in your case he doesn't live nearby) and he's no where to be found. I know it's soon and he can very well call tonight, hope he does! But if it was that special to him and he was falling you, truly, he wouldn't have let that go for anything. No distance, no obstacle would get in his way after finding a gem like you.

If this week brought you confidence and made you smile, good. I know you're saying you won't hold your breath but just keep this in mind when someone fast forwards and then you don't hear from them.

Did he respond yesterday?
  • Joannah700
    Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
    It sounds lovely!

It's nice to be able to recognize what you want...even if circumstances don't dictate it will work out for him, now you know what you expect out of someone.

Maybe this will work out, or maybe he will be a good memory, but I'm happy you got such a rich memory out of this.
  • sweetcurlz67
    No he didn't respond yesterday & I called to wish him a happy birthday today. went straight to voice mail. Yes seems fishy especially at 7:30 in the morning. But like I said I won't hold my breath. If nothing else, the experience showed me what I should be looking for in a guy.

The effort he put into it & the feelings he put forth were amazing! I now know what to look for. I won't call him again. If he calls or emails, great but I don't expect it.

I also learned from this that I won't try so hard with guys. I never really did but a little with the one guy from March. i did try to push that one along a tad only because I know he's shy. but still. because of this experience, I'm totally giving up on March guy. If he wants to continue contact, it's up to him. ok ok I did text him & thank him for his service on Tuesday & he responded but that's IT! No more!
  • Tube_socks
    Well glad it brought some awareness to you!
    I'm glad you aren't all caught up because yeah, sounds weird he didn't respond nor answer your call.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Wow! What a great story. I'm so happy you lived for the moment and enjoyed every moment of it :D

I think that when you feel great with someone is when it's going to work. IOW it shouldnt be hard work or too much effort to just be. It flows naturally. It fits!!

Unfortunately, my gut feeling and the cynic in me thinks the guy is married and he was just looking for 'company' on his visit. It's the way he told you to find someone 'better than me' that has me thinking that way. For as much as he gave you a good time, he obviously isn't free to do so.

The romantic in me just thinks it's one of those wonderful encounters that isn't meant to last longer than a few days or a week. It's a life experience and that's what I believe life should be about.

I'm so happy a few good lessons came out of it too. Like giving someone a chance and expecting the best from a relationship. I hope we all can learn from this too.

All the best sweetcurlz :D
  • sweetcurlz67
    I received an email from him tonight... :(

It will go no further.

He was very nice and sweet about it & complimented me, however, it's done.

Like I said before, I'm very grateful for the experience & I did learn from it. There was some great positive lessons to take from it. Honestly though, I was hoping for the fantasy ending. Oh well.

Thank you for your comments! ;)
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    I received an email from him tonight... :(

It will go no further.

He was very nice and sweet about it & complimented me, however, it's done.

Like I said before, I'm very grateful for the experience & I did learn from it. There was some great positive lessons to take from it. Honestly though, I was hoping for the fantasy ending. Oh well.

Thank you for your comments! ;)

Enjoy the confidence and memories it gave you. Hopefully that will help you move on and find what you are really looking for!
  • Jennifer10723
    Jennifer10723 Posts: 374 Member
    Awwwwwwwwww! What a great story!!! Ending sucks, but still. That is one of those "moments" in time that you will remember when you are old.
  • Tube_socks
    Yup, I think he is married too!

I'm sorry that it ended this way. But yes, you should def look for someone that treats you very well in the future.,
  • Jennifer10723
    Jennifer10723 Posts: 374 Member
    Tube_socks wrote: »
    Yup, I think he is married too!

I'm sorry that it ended this way. But yes, you should def look for someone that treats you very well in the future.,

OMG! I didn't even think about that!!!!

• Joannah700
    Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
    If he is/isn't married - you wouldn't have known. But you had a great time. Ever Heard Blossom Dearie's Just One of Those Things? A fitting song. I like a re-mix of it, but she has a great voice regardless.
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    This is a bitter-sweet story. :( . . But, the thing that struck me about it is how your first impression was ambivalent and maybe even negative, yet you gave it a chance and it turned a corner.