Food question

Options
wilrhy
wilrhy Posts: 199 Member
I tried eating my hummus today with cucumber instead of crackers to cut back a bit more on carbs. UGH--heartburn now. I am not sure if I can handle raw carrots or celery at this point (9 weeks) any suggestions? Thanks, Donna

Replies

• jamezln
    jamezln Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Crazy question, but was the cuke peeled or was the skin still on it. That could make a difference. At 9 weeks though i'm not really sure unless this is the first time you've tried them. All I do know is at this point what I haven't tried to eat, I go at it thinking this may not be good now. Luckily I have only had one issue and that was with cheese (so far). I guess too much milk, but I can actually tolerate it now. Good luck. May want to try it again. It could have been a fluke.
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Hi Donna. If your doctor has approved you for raw veggies, go ahead and try them. It might be the hummus rather than the cucumber that's causing the heartburn?

Pat
  • wilrhy
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I have been eating the hummus for weeks now--it is the cucs~~~

I peeled it too--I will try again in a week. I can use up whet I bough--I will cook them in food--I always used them in stir fry before surgery. The 2 I bought are really nice too very firm--not a lot of seeds
  • SibylDiane
    SibylDiane Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    If the cucumbers are bothering you (and that doesn't surprise me, raw veggies are hard!) just eat the hummus with a little spoon. You don't need to put it on anything. The other thing you might try is making turkey pepperoni chips or cheese chips:
    robynsonlineworld.com/2013/03/turkey-pepperoni-chips-recipe/http://
    genaw.com/lowcarb/cheese_crisp.html
  • wilrhy
    Options
    Ty SibylDiane--I will try those recipes--today i did just have hummus on a spoon!