Day 54: Saturday, November 15, 2014

Options
balancedwalker
balancedwalker Posts: 686 Member
edited November 2014 in Social Groups
A day to our next milestone. I will be probably reporting weight gain. If you are in the same boat as me then don't give up. It's just a learning opportunity.

I had another disappointing day with Time Warner flaking third time. I reported it all the way to their Chief Operating Officer and half a dozen Executive Vice Presidents. Result is that they have not got back to me but on my 4th inquiry willing to install the next day with no installation fee. Now wishing Santa to make Google Internet provider in LA area.

Been busy with my backyard improvement so my hands were busy with over seeing my contractor. For Saturday I hope that I will be nice to my body and not stuff it with calories if TWC again gives me hard time.

Just rumblings but feels good now

Replies

• balancedwalker
    edited November 2014
    Options
    One thing I did on Friday and I am very proud of it. As part of my new backyard I told my Contractor to add a 2.5 ft wide and 110 feet long walking track (48 laps will get me 1 mile :smile: ). I hope that once ready it will give me a cozy place to do some lazy walks.
  • LisasRoadtolosing100lbs
    Options
    I hate my scale!... It hasn't been nice to me lately! I step on it on it says you gained three pounds when your hubby was home and your not getting rid of those extra pounds. I hate that freaking thing.

My coworkers keep tell me I'm shrinking and I keep with I better be but my scale LIES!

ok goals for today....
    I'm working at toys r us today so my goal is really to avoid the chocolate the other workers tend to buy and leave out.
    dinner at my moms so I have no control over what we eat so I think ill bring a bag of veggies
    its a 45 minutes strength training day.
    water water water
    happy Saturday all
  • danelutza19
    danelutza19 Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I wanted to walk really bad but the snowflakes and cold temperature said nope. I don't have many clothes that fit me and venturing out seems insane. So I reverted to my original workout of walking around the house, round and round for 79 minutes and 2 miles. Couldn't go too fast because I have neighbors downstairs.
    Today I will go to the gym for my usual workout and then swim a little. Later, grocery shopping.
    I hope you all have a great weekend!
    Let's do something great!
  • sowdenb
    sowdenb Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    A day to our next milestone. I will be probably reporting weight gain. If you are in the same boat as me then don't give up. It's just a learning opportunity.

I appreciate your gentle support. It's very comforting to connect with others on the same journey...we are human after all, prone to lapses in life choices. The important thing is to care for self enough to get back on track.
  • rebetha82
    rebetha82 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I do believe that our weightloss journey is becoming more difficult with the decreasing temperature. The temptation of staying inside and snuggle up in a blanket on the sofa with a good book or a bad TV show :wink: is too high. So what do I do? I do stay inside when it's nasty outside and do an exercise video instead. And when the balance acts up on me, I get off it and keep going :smiley: It's patience and determination that will get us to our ultimate goals one day in the near future. We can and will do it! And after that, our motto is 'healthy for life'.
    In conclusion, have a great weekend everybody :smiley:
  • balancedwalker
    Options
    Finally I have my home internet restored. Not thrilled by the promised 300 mbps speed, getting only like 40 mbps. May downgrade or ditch it.
  • justdebbie1
    justdebbie1 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I only worked a half shift yesterday so didn't get all my steps or water. Did stay under calories. Will try again today for the same goals.
  • annangelich
    annangelich Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I spent a majority of my time making and hanging birthday decorations for my youngest daughter's 2nd birthday which is on Sunday. I didn't get in nearly as many steps as I had hoped for being so busy, but a lot of my time was spent crafting at the counter. I am still not done. I need to find the ladder so I can hang some from the ceiling... how does one misplace a bright green ladder? I have no clue. Today I will be overwhelmingly busy, shopping, cake baking, food prepping, cleaning and getting my 4 and 6 year old ready for an outing with their Grandma. Tonight I am going out with my sister to a few of our local bars to celebrate her birthday. I will be behaved, but it is likely that I will drink a few sodas. Tomorrow we are helping some friends move before we celebrate my daughter's birthday. Man I know how to stretch myself thin. I will need all the patience and self control I can muster this weekend.
  • ketowerdefense
    ketowerdefense Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    This week was all over the place for me, between work and ladytimes, but I weighed in yesterday at a loss, and I'm hoping to maintain that until tomorrow's check-in.

Only goal for today is to get in 10 glasses of water before dinner.