WEIGHT LOSS

Options
What kind of results have you gotten from using Leslie's DVD's? I am going to really get into exercising and just wondering what have been some results. Thanks.

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    For losing weight the most important thing will be calorie deficit from eating less. Exercise helps, but it's a distant second to diet. I can't burn enough calories (not enough hours in the day) to eat whatever I want.

That said, what I got out of Leslie Sansone workouts.........Wow! This is the first exercise that I can see myself doing forever. Leslie Sansone videos are a lifestyle change for me (finally). This is the first exercise that didn't make me feel like a dunce. I have 2 left feet (hate choreography) but I love Leslie. She is so motivating.

Leslie is good cardio. You should increase your stamina and endurance. When it starts to get easy move on.....or move up. That's the beauty of these workouts.....you can easily modify them up. Do strength training too....there are a few Leslie DVDs that fit the bill.....Walk It Off in 30, Walk Away the Pounds 7 Day Calorie Blast (has ShortCuts upper body & lower body workouts) and Walk Strong (not express) is a circuit type workout.
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    Options
    tobybears8 ,
    ^^ Everything that TeaBea wrote is so true. ^^ So yes, nutrition and calorie deficit is number one and then exercise that you can enjoy and continue on with. Both cardio and strength.

I lost my last 15 pounds that were left for me to lose by eating well and at a deficit (and logging) as well as using LS DVD walks (I have some other walk DVDs that I throw in the mix to keep it new) and walking outdoors. I continue using LS DVDs because I like them and they are effective.

If you stick with both the lifestyle changes that includes proper nutrition and the exercise you will lose the weight and get healthy and fit. Consistency is key also. Never give up.

You can do it :drinker:

:flowerforyou:
  • dorothytd
    dorothytd Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    ^^I agree with these very smart ladies!! I lost 50 pounds over 7 years ago, eating at a healthy calorie deficit and only doing Leslie workouts 6-7 days a week. And those pounds are still off (I do some other workouts for variety, but Leslie is still my favorite, and I do the DVDs a few times a week.)

It is the exercise to help lose weight, and the exercise for life. Try to incorporate some strength training as well - there are a lot of Leslie choices for that, too!

051e8415-bb33-44a9-99eb-8ec0a72f7bf8_zpsa09490cb.jpg

DorothyDalyNJfullbod_zpsdc2b42d1.jpg
  • Shannnabanana
    Shannnabanana Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    dorothytd wrote: »
    ^^I agree with these very smart ladies!! I lost 50 pounds over 7 years ago, eating at a healthy calorie deficit and only doing Leslie workouts 6-7 days a week. And those pounds are still off (I do some other workouts for variety, but Leslie is still my favorite, and I do the DVDs a few times a week.)

It is the exercise to help lose weight, and the exercise for life. Try to incorporate some strength training as well - there are a lot of Leslie choices for that, too!

051e8415-bb33-44a9-99eb-8ec0a72f7bf8_zpsa09490cb.jpg

DorothyDalyNJfullbod_zpsdc2b42d1.jpg

wow! you look incredible!!