Week one, not feeling limited with liquids?

vyvrhovat
vyvrhovat Posts: 80 Member
I'm not really sure how to phrase that, honestly. My surgery was on Tuesday. I've had little to no problems meeting my liquid requirements daily and also had no problems introducing cream-based soups, coffee popsicles, and those little nutrition drinks into my diet starting yesterday. I was under the impression that it would be hard for me to drink a lot, or that I would feel sick if I did. This hasn't been the case. I make sure to sip, but I keep warm tea, green juice, etc. with me constantly and kill it pretty quick.. Is this unusual? Did anyone else feel basically unrestricted during their liquids stage? I obviously feel full all the time and my stomach is still swollen during this healing stage, but I can't tell if I should be more uncomfortable with the volume of liquids I ingest than I do.

Replies

• rpyle111
    rpyle111 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Liquids were easy for me as well. As soon as the foods got a little thicker, or when it had solids or chunks, I got to learn the stop sign! I believe that the first few weeks are all about getting calories in while doing nothing to interfere with the healing process.

Rob
  • vyvrhovat
    vyvrhovat Posts: 80 Member
    Okay, phew! Good to know that isn't weird.
  • rpyle111
    rpyle111 Posts: 1,066 Member
    I think ATX Heather had the same question her first week post op, so I was luckily forewarned when it was my turn!

The biggest thing I learned from this group is that the breadth of experience is so wide that almost nothing an individual experiences is completely unique, but also so that you cannot really tell anyone what to expect. The wild, wonderful, mysterious journey that is this surgery!

Rob
  • Thaeda
    Thaeda Posts: 834 Member
    YES to what Rob said!!! ^^^^^^^^

Also, I did not have a problem with liquids either. :)
  • jamezln
    jamezln Posts: 182 Member
    Thaeda wrote: »
    YES to what Rob said!!! ^^^^^^^^

Also, I did not have a problem with liquids either. :)

Good Good. Just don't guzzle.....it will give you a super burp lol. Trust me on that.
  • laurenlily212
    laurenlily212 Posts: 3 Member
    I had no problem with liquids. I definitely had to make myself slow down when I got to the soup stage.
  • pcoppock
    pcoppock Posts: 140 Member
    Same here. I'm 1 week out and I'm drinking 3 or 4 24-ounce bottles of water a day on top of my liquid meals.

-Phill