Thanksgiving .. How are you going to stay on Track?

Options
kayjosh2422
kayjosh2422 Posts: 864 Member
With Thanksgiving just around the corner, have you thought about staying on track? This is the hardest time of year with this challenge, we have all the wonderful fall foods, Halloween candy, Thanksgiving meals, holiday parties all leading up to our Christmas weigh in. Just know you can do it. Enjoy the wonderful food and family. Drink lots of water before your meals, load up a small plate, watch your portion sizes but enjoy all that wonderful food. Just eat less!! Also limit your alcohol consumption, don't drink those calories. lol And remember if you over induldge, just get back on it the next day. This is not about not having, it's about not over doing!!

Replies

• sarieth05
    sarieth05 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Good tips! I'm worried, but think I'm in a way better situation now than I've ever been. I mainly hope to also use the days leading up to the holidays to make better food choices and maybe step up my exercise game so I can feel a little more confident just in case I overeat during the holidays.
  • Palamedes
    Palamedes Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I'm spending this Thanksgiving cooking and baking for my in-laws family. I'm spending Xmas cooking and baking for my family. I think my strategy for this holiday season shall be to not eat sweets. That is going to be quite tough since I have an excellent cranberry-apple pie that I will make at least twice. I will allow myself to go over my limits on occasion if the occasion warrants it. However, I would still like to be another 10 pounds down by the end of the year.
  • harveyj_88
    harveyj_88 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I don't think I'll be sticking to my calorie limit on Xmas day and new years eve but other than that I'll be Ok, will be doing cardio every day apart from Xmas day and new years day and I'm only drinking a few on new years eve
    I should be good and hopefully lose weight come new year.
  • kayjosh2422
    kayjosh2422 Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    I think as long as you plan ahead, think about your choices and don't overdo we will all do great. And remember if you do go overboard, just pick yourself up and dust yourself off. Tomorrows another day!
  • BruceHedtke
    BruceHedtke Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I plan on going well over my calorie limit on Thanksgiving. It's one day I'm just not going to limit myself. I haven't thought about Christmas yet but I assume that day I'll be able to refrain from going over my calories...all the food but smaller portions.