Surgery is Wednesday...

My surgery is Wednesday. I think I am prepared, as much as one can be. I am excited to see the benefits the surgery will bring to my health. I am friends with a few people on this board, but if anyone would be willing to friend me so I can look at your food diary to help me along the way, I would be grateful. It's strange (maybe) that I am not nervous about the surgery itself, I am nervous about making sure I am drinking the right things and the right amounts after the surgery. I've never been very good in dealing with an "unknown" situation and I tend to imagine the worst. Will I drink the wrong thing or the wrong amount or just not do it right. It may be my inner demon trying to sabotage me. I know I can do it, but having the support would sure help right now. Thanks

Replies

• weeziebeth
    weeziebeth Posts: 168 Member
    Best wishes for you this week! Try to relax, know that's easier said than done but there is very little unknown in what you describe. Measure out your fluids, no harm in overshooting at this stage and you should hopefully have a list from surgeon as to what to drink in the first few days/weeks. I talk a good game-not having surgery myself until 12/2 but I have over thought and planned this thing. Look forward to hearing from you on the other side!
  • Living4me123
    Living4me123 Posts: 52 Member
    My surgery was on 11.12. I am still in week 1 which is the clear liquid phase. I have a 20 oz bottle that I use to measure how much I drink. If I drink 3 of these, I am good. Along with broth etc.. Follow your surgeons plan, stock up on what you are allowed to have and what you like from the list...best of luck to you!
  • janet0513
    janet0513 Posts: 564 Member
    Good luck Wednesday. The unknown is always a little scary but you have prepared yourself and there is a lot of support for you here and at your doctor's. Just follow what they tell you and you will be fine. Look foward to hearing how it went.
  • rpyle111
    rpyle111 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Good luck tomorrow!
  • pcoppock
    pcoppock Posts: 140 Member
    Good Luck!
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Good luck tomorrow! Your sleeve will let you know when you've had enough. My full cue is feeling like I need to burp. It's amazing how quickly we learn to recognize that feeling of "if I eat or drink anything else I'm going to be really uncomfortable or in pain or in my case, throw up" and you stop. You will learn to trust your sleeve, just be patient with yourself.
  • renovagirl
    renovagirl Posts: 85 Member
    edited November 2014
    My surgery is Wednesday. I think I am prepared, as much as one can be. I am excited to see the benefits the surgery will bring to my health. I am friends with a few people on this board, but if anyone would be willing to friend me so I can look at your food diary to help me along the way, I would be grateful. It's strange (maybe) that I am not nervous about the surgery itself, I am nervous about making sure I am drinking the right things and the right amounts after the surgery. I've never been very good in dealing with an "unknown" situation and I tend to imagine the worst. Will I drink the wrong thing or the wrong amount or just not do it right. It may be my inner demon trying to sabotage me. I know I can do it, but having the support would sure help right now. Thanks

Good Luck! I'm sure you will breeze thru it. If you head is in the right place, you will be unstoppable :)
  • loriloftness
    loriloftness Posts: 476 Member
    Pawoodhull, I am now 3 days post-surgery and I have to let you know that your tip was dead-on. Whether eating or drinking, I find i get to a point where I burp and I use that as the end point. What a great tip! Thanks
  • boomerkae
    boomerkae Posts: 217 Member
    Hope it is going well! I struggled today with fluids, just going to keep plugging along. I made a meal plan for tomorrow, with snacks and scheduled start and stop times for drinking to try and get it all in. I get full liquid for a week, then puree. Ill probably restart my diary next week.