Blast from the past...I am nervous!

Options
lsgibbs83
lsgibbs83 Posts: 254 Member
I am new to this group and am so glad I found it!

Last week, seemingly out of the blue, I was contacted on Facebook by a man I last saw 9 years ago. We ended the relationship back then for good reason. I won't go into detail here but it was not because we didn't care for each other. At the time it really was for the best. I moved on, or so I thought, and have had 2 what I would consider to be serious relationships since then. Other than that I haven't really dated much. Honestly there hasn't been anybody that has interested me enough to put the effort into.

Apparently he has kept track of me during this time through mutual friends...or as he puts it, he "Knows people". Just the sound of his voice makes me weak! While seeing him again is what I had hoped for I am so nervous!

Now he wants to see me. On the plus side I have lost all of the weight I gained since then plus some. I am at least 15lbs lighter than I was then and it would be great to show him what he could have had all these years.

I feel like a stupid little girl, not someone pushing 50. My head says "RUN!!!" but my heart says "but you know you loved him".

Sigh...

Replies

• AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    Wow! This sounds like it's meant to be. All I would ask is that you consider why you had to break up the first time and if that reason is still there?? If not, then whooo hoooo!! timing could be right this time round?

Good luck <3
  • cklbrown
    cklbrown Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    I hope it works out for you.
  • lsgibbs83
    Options
    Thanks!

He is coming over either this evening or tomorrow evening. The weather has turned on us here so it depends on the road conditions since I live in a rural area. We have A LOT to talk about.

Trying to be cautiously optimistic...with an emphasis on cautious.
  • sweetcurlz67
    sweetcurlz67 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Wow! He's 'stalked' you. Lol! I jest. Yes it sounds good but are the reasons you broke up to begin with still there. Cautiously optimistic is good. I hope it goes great for you!!!
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Cautiously optimistic sounds like the way to go, good luck! :)
  • Joannah700
    Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    Soooooo...update? Did you see him? How'd it go?
  • lsgibbs83
    Options
    I did finally get to see him last night. He came over and my heart melted when he walked onto my front porch. We stayed up almost all night just talking. I am still working on some insecurities but, Oh it just felt so right to be close to him again. It was like no time had passed and we just fell into that comfortable place we had before. I hated to see him leave this morning.

He has assured me that the reason we split up before is no longer a problem. I told him that I don't every want to go through that again and he looked me straight in the eyes and said it won't happen.

I missed a call from him while I was working out after work but he left the sweetest voice mail. I don't want to interrupt dinner and homework time with his children so I sent him a text to let him know that I am home and he can call me when he has a moment.

Still trying to be cautious but he makes that so difficult.
  • Tube_socks
    Tube_socks Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    This sounds super romantic!!!
  • lsgibbs83
    Options
    He is a romantic. I keep missing his calls today :\ First while I was working out, then I was on the phone with my daughter.
  • AnnaPixie
    Options
    Awesome!! Glad you've figured it out <3
  • Joannah700
    Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    Oh it sounds amazing! I am so happy for you! Keep us posted - who doesn't love a good romance?!
  • lsgibbs83
    Options
    Thanks. I finally talked to him last night. He called just before going to sleep.

I can't wait to see him again. Just have to work around the kids but I'm good with that.
  • sweetcurlz67
    sweetcurlz67 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    I hope it works out. Still skeptical. Be on guard for your own well being & your heart...
  • lsgibbs83
    Options
    I hope it works out. Still skeptical. Be on guard for your own well being & your heart...

Thank you. I am still a little apprehensive myself. Partly because of our history and partly because of my own insecurities. He did notice that I am almost 20lbs smaller than the last time he saw me, which made me feel good.

As he said...we don't have to rush. We have all the time in the world.

• AnnaPixie
    Options
    How's it going Isgibbs? Any progress with your beau? :D
  • lsgibbs83
    Options
    Things are good :) Thanks for asking.

We've seen each other a couple of times and either talk or text almost daily and it just makes my day. I swear that man is my kryptonite...always has been.

It's a little complicated because he currently has emergency custody of his 3 children. He doesn't like to leave them any more than he absolutely has to. He also doesn't want to introduce them to anybody new right away. I totally get that. I am a single parent myself, though my children are now all adults and only my youngest still lives at home. She's 22 yrs old so if he does come over when she's home she won't mind. Actually, I think the two of them will get along quite well.

I told him not to worry about our limited time together. I have waited all this time to see him again, I'm not going anywhere. For now, any time we get is all the more special.