Signed up for my first marathon :S

Options
kjloiselle
kjloiselle Posts: 101 Member
Eeeks. I just signed up for my first full marathon, the BMO Vancouver marathon in May. I am apprehensively excited. I have been running for almost exactly 1 year and in that time have gone from thinking that running 60 was going to kill me to having completed several 5 and 10K races, a 1/2 marathon and now having signed up for a full, I really cannot believe it :)

Now to buckle down and get this done.

Don't have any questions or anything, just sharing my enthusiasm with fellow runners since none of my real friends understand.

If anyone else is running it as well, I'd love to be "friends" or anyone really :)

Replies

• jennalink807
    jennalink807 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Congrats on signing up! I'm sure you will do awesome. I'm not doing Vancouver in the spring, but I've done a couple fulls and plan to do 1 or 2 next year as well. I'm always looking for more running friends so I'll send you a FR :)
  • beavislong
    beavislong Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Good luck!
  • jenring3
    jenring3 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I'm a multiple half-marathoner, training for my first full in January. A running group I belong to ran the Vancouver last year (our first 'international race' :) They loved it!
  • boatsie77
    boatsie77 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Super! Congrats and happy training! I'm doing my first marathon in January (Disney World).
  • beeblebrox82
    beeblebrox82 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I've got a May Marathon in my sights too, my second. My best advise: listen to your body. Don't ramp up your mileage too quickly and if you have to skip a run, don't freak.
  • Samstan101
    Samstan101 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I'm in a very similar place - started running about 14 months ago and have done 6 HM's this year (I love them!). Found out on Friday I've got a place in London through my Running Club so excited & nervous in equal measures. I'm signed up for a 12hr ultra in the summer so better crack on with my long runs lol

Hope your training goes well!