Road ID

Options
I won a coupon in a raffle for 15$ toward a Road ID.
Besides my name I'm not sure what I should put on it.

What do you all have on yours??

Replies

• DonPendergraft
    DonPendergraft Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    My name, my wife's name and cell number. The rest they can get by either calling RoadID or going online for the rest of the information.
  • dougii
    dougii Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Name, City and State, Daughters name and Phone #, Wife's name and phone #, Medical info. The medical info is only about HBP but thought it pertinent if I am found lying on the side of the road. Two contacts guarantees someone will be reached.
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    Mine has my first/last name. City, State, Country. Mom's cell #, dad's cell #. HX DVT (history of blood clots). And then on the bottom it says "will run for cookies".
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    "DO NOT RESUSCITATE"
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    Seriously Doug?

And to the rest, thanks =]
    I think I'll go with my family's landline and my mom's cell.
    Plus city and state and blood type
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    603reader wrote: »
    Seriously Doug?

Whoops. Meant to say "Pause my Garmin" :smiley:
  • lishie_rebooted
    Options
    Seriously Doug?

Whoops. Meant to say "Pause my Garmin" :smiley:

Hah!
    Reminds me that I need to turn auto-pause on on my Garmin
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    name
    my boyfriend's cell
    my best friend's cell
    pain medication allergy

BTW my friend is an EMT and said not to get something that attaches to my shoe because they would never look there for info. Also if a car hit me hard enough there is a good my shoes would come off...nice thought. He said they will also look for either a medical id bracelet or necklace if someone is not awake, so my daughter and I both wear Road ID bracelets.
  • lishie_rebooted
    Options
    name
    my boyfriend's cell
    my best friend's cell
    pain medication allergy

BTW my friend is an EMT and said not to get something that attaches to my shoe because they would never look there for info. Also if a car hit me hard enough there is a good my shoes would come off...nice thought. He said they will also look for either a medical id bracelet or necklace if someone is not awake, so my daughter and I both wear Road ID bracelets.

I was bouncing between the bracelet ad the anklet. I wouldnt get the shoe one because then I'd have to switch between shoes. I'm probably gonna get the bracelet and juat keep it on so I dont forget it
  • DonPendergraft
    DonPendergraft Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    name
    my boyfriend's cell
    my best friend's cell
    pain medication allergy

I was bouncing between the bracelet ad the anklet. I wouldnt get the shoe one because then I'd have to switch between shoes. I'm probably gonna get the bracelet and juat keep it on so I dont forget it

I used to use the ankle one. But as a trail runner it would get nasty. You just have to wash it with soap and water occasionally. I switched to the nylon wrist strap instead.
  • lishie_rebooted
    Options
    name
    my boyfriend's cell
    my best friend's cell
    pain medication allergy

I used to use the ankle one. But as a trail runner it would get nasty. You just have to wash it with soap and water occasionally. I switched to the nylon wrist strap instead.

I looked at the nylon band too. My running store had a few of the bands so I could feel and try them.

I just ordered it. I got the Wrist Slim version.
    My coupon was for 15$ and all IDs were 15$ until tomorrow.
    So I got an extra band and a badge for it. 9$ with shipping xD

Thanks everyone for the input, I really appreciate it
  • skippygirlsmom
    Options
    I have the slim wrist one too. My daughter who is 14 wears hers a lot, especially when she is going somewhere with friends (like a football game). Because of her age she really doesn't have ID on her and 9 times out of 10 she doesn't want to carry her purse so she wears her RoadID and this way if anything were to happen emergency personnel would know how to contact me.
  • ATT949
    ATT949 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    I won a coupon in a raffle for 15$ toward a Road ID.
    Besides my name I'm not sure what I should put on it.

What do you all have on yours??
    My name and date of birth and names of contacts with cell phone numbers. My understanding is that EMT's don't care about much else 'cause they check anyway. I've had to take a blood thinner for a while so I cut the top and bottom off the plastic bottle and run the wrist strap through what's left of the bottle.
  • ATT949
    ATT949 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    name
    my boyfriend's cell
    my best friend's cell
    pain medication allergy

When I was obese, I used to do long distance motorcycle rides (the entry level ride is 1000 miles in a day). Almost everyone has a Road ID but it's accepted that all body parts may not be connected when they get to you.
  • 99clmsntgr
    99clmsntgr Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Friend at work: Hey, what is that?
    Me: It's my 'found on road dead' ID tag.
    Friend: why do you have that?
    Me: Because you can't always hear or see them coming...

My name/birth year
    Hometown
    Wife's Cell
    Mom's landline
    Blood type
    PLZ DRAG ACROSS FINISH

I have the ankle one. I did not opt for the online information, just the engraved tag. Wear it every time I'm out and about, even if I'm running with friends.
  • lishie_rebooted
    Options
    It arrived yesterday!

I put my name and birth year
    mom's cell
    gram's landline (also mom's landline)
    blood type
  • skippygirlsmom
    Options
    It arrived yesterday!

mom's cell
    blood type

Well as I say whenever someone gets a new piece of "jewerly" wear it in good health and in this case I definitely mean it more :wink:

• lishie_rebooted
    Options
    It arrived yesterday!

mom's cell
    blood type

Well as I say whenever someone gets a new piece of "jewerly" wear it in good health and in this case I definitely mean it more :wink:

I'm rocking it right now! Thanks =]