cycletrak1 Posts: 607 Member
edited November 2014 in Social Groups
Week 11 - Commercial Challenge:

Squat it Out

Based on your ability, Squat during the Commercials:

Free Standing Squat (legs forward)

Free Standing Squat (legs wide)

Wall Squat

Be safe, remember to keep your knees behind the toes when lowering into the Squat.

If you can not do Squats, then do another exercise that is safe for you to do during the Commercial.

Cycletrak1 :)

Notice that in the examples below, the back is straight, butt is back and the knees do not go past the toes.

If you don't want to use weights, simply extend your arms, shoulder height in front of you.

Thank you shadow2soul, of Team Sole Trainers, for sharing these examples:

Dumbbell-Squats.gif

Wide-Leg-Squats-with-Dumbbell.gif

Replies

• joeysgirl10
    joeysgirl10 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    hello fellow calorie killers... i will be watching biggest loser tonight while i am walking on the treadmill... i will watch it again this weekend with my daughters and do the squats... ill keep everyone posted... lets do this~~
  • lifeisspiffy
    lifeisspiffy Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Aw man I was going to watch biggest loser, but the President came on. Wonder how long that will take and if they'll push things back or just skip what was missed.
  • Baby43204
    Baby43204 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Hey guys I am here just started the show late cause was helping my son with homework but I'm loving the 50 pound chanallage they have this week
  • Baby43204
    Options
    This weigh in was really shocking to me I really thought they would lose more then what they did I thought Scott would lose cause he is always the one that pushes people to move
  • 12qw34
    12qw34 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Well the President talked for 15 minutes! Rondilee looked really good! Damien is wonderful! He seems like he has a really big heart. Scott is at Comeback Canyon. He seemed not so happy to see Bob!? Woody makes me feel sad. He is always so close to tears! Hope he finds happiness! Jenn is still not my favorite. I really do not think that is going to change at this point.
    The releasing of the butterflies was interesting. Change is very scary at times, but it is neccessary at times! A challenge that I have had this week is looking for an assisted living arrangement for my 84 year old Mom. My Mom still drives but the home I grew up in is getting to be too much for her. My Dad died 12 years ago. It is time to say goodbye to that chapter. It is the best thing for her, but I am sure it will be an emotional journey. I have 2 sisters and a brother. Fortunately my sister Janet and I can work with our Mom together with this journey. My other sister and brother are not very helpful but you can not change people.
  • Baby43204
    Options
    Also I did all my commercial changllages
  • lifeisspiffy
    lifeisspiffy Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Well I watched some of it with my dad. Saw the releasing of butterflies which was cute. I knew when it came to voting between Toma and Scott that Scott was leaving. He's a lot closer to goal and seems to have a handle on what needs to be done. From a strategy point, I would have voted him out too. He could go far with Bob I think.
    I'm hoping the beginning is ondemand tomorrow since the president got in the way of it. Then I can watch the sand challenge tomorrow. I did some squats at the very end.
  • Mspmpayne
    Mspmpayne Posts: 267 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    For some reason I was posting my chat under the wrong group. Thanks cycletrak1 and 12qw34for letting me know. I'm going to transfer my comments to here.

Ok my local channel is showing the president (NBC) so I will watch as soon as it resumes.

Loved the butterfly ceremony....very moving.

Damien did it!!! He looks so happy.

Worst weigh-in ever....I feel bad Scott got eliminated. Bet he will be happy when he gets taken to comeback canyon. =)

I did all my squats during the commercials.
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    I wasn't home to watch the show last night, so I watched it online today. I really like Scott and was not happy he was eliminated from the main group. At least he is with Bob at Comeback Canyon. Scott seems the most task-oriented and least weepy, which is why I like him. The constant crying and emotional breakdowns get annoying to me. I get that weight loss is also an emotional journey, but c'mon, that doesn't mean bursting into tears every five minutes.

I love butterflies, so the symbolism of the butterfly release was kind of cool, though I had to wonder how long the poor butterflies were trapped in those little boxes!

I did squats after the show since I didn't read this thread until after I watched it, so I wouldn't have any spoilers :)
  • bgoodsmile
    bgoodsmile Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Too much crying going in in this episode lol!!! Squats done!!!
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    bgoodsmile wrote: »
    Too much crying going in in this episode lol!!! Squats done!!!

I agree! The waterworks are a bit much sometimes. I think they deliberately choose extremely emotional contestants.
  • 12qw34
    12qw34 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Did my lunges
  • MistyRose0424
    MistyRose0424 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    So sorry the show was interrupted. I really thought the butterfly releasing was nice. I also agree with some of the above statements about all the crying that goes on lol. So proud of Damien he is amazing! Yeah Scot didn't seem to happy to see Bob I would be so exited as Bob is my absolute favorite and then comes Jessie :)

Also did my squats during the show also through in some lunges and jumping jacks for good measure :)
  • 3athlt
    3athlt Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I watched the show On Demand. I wish I wouldn't have read the show chat to find out my man Scott Mitchell got voted off. Anyway, I think that they'll miss his leadership.

The sand challenge was pretty cool, I love how they all worked together. I'm not surprised that Damien prevailed at Comeback Canyon whatsoever. That weigh in was pretty sad. It seems like the majority of people had really bad numbers. I think Scott was eliminated because he was the biggest threat. Maybe he'll return to the game from Comeback Canyon, we'll have to see.

While I didn't do squats on every commercial break, I did enough squats to cause some knee pain :-(.

Anyway, I hope that everyone enjoys their Thanksgiving and makes sensible choices!
This discussion has been closed.