July 2015 Due Dates :)

Options
I looked around, but didn't see a group for July yet. Share your due date, a bit about yourself, and maybe a fitness goal or two.

Name, Age: Sarah, 34
Due Date: July 5th
About me: My DH and I have four children- DS 11, DD 7, DD 4, and DD 1. We recently bought 'the family farm', and decided that now was as good as ever to try for our last child. We have always dreamed of living on a farm, with lots of animals and lots of kids...I'd say our dream has become a reality! I work outside the home at a university, and love my career. It gives me balance and perspective, but also makes me exhausted 99% of the time right now!

Fitness goals: I still had 10 lbs to lose when I got pregnant this time. So my goal is to maintain until about 12 weeks, which is recommended for my current BMI anyway. I really want to try and keep my weight in check, as I have previously gained between 40 and 50 lbs (a lot, I know :( ).

Can't wait to hear more about you! I would enjoy sharing this fit and fabulous pregnancy journey with others.

Replies

• nikkylyn
    nikkylyn Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Name, Age: Nicole 31
    Due Date: July 27th Just found out!!
    About me: I am married and we have three kids ages: 5,4, and 2 Im a stay at home mom and college student have about one year left. We have a 1 dog and 3 cats.

Fitness goals: I just lost about 30lbs. I am hoping to maintain in the first trimester as well. Keep up with my healthy eating ( no fast food or soda) Drink 8-10 glasses of water a day. I did this with my 3rd pregnancy and had almost no swelling. Im at a healthy BMI so Im hoping to keep weight gain around 25-30lbs. My first two pregnancies I did gain around 40-50lbs as well I def do not want to do that again. My body can't handle being that heavy.

Right now I have a foot injury doc says its not broke but it would have been better if I did. Its on the side of my foot and I think he said it was a torn ligament. It hurts and I can only be on it for a few minutes at a time or it swells. So cardio is pretty much out for a while. UGH. I plan to try to get to the gym a few times a week to work on upper body strength. Im sure I will look crazy limping in there. LOL. Either that or I need to find some routines to do at home from pinterest.
  • livelovelearn2011
    livelovelearn2011 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi Nicole! Foot injuries are so difficult to get over- it seems like recovery takes a long time! And probably even harder with a few little ones to run around after!

I really agree with the water. When I don't drink enough in the evening, I wake up really sick throughout the night. It is odd how it can affect you.

Congrats :D
  • Briahnon
    Briahnon Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Name, Age: Bri 29
    Due date: July 20
    About me: I'm married to a wonderful husband/ dad. We have a daughter who will be 3 in Jan. I work part time but will probably stay home after this one is born until my older one starts school. Thinking of going back to school but still trying to figure out what I want. I'm a CPhT (certified pharmacy technician) but there isn't much money to be made in that field. We are on the process of getting approved for a loan and trying to find a house. Lots of positive changes and feeling very blessed and emotional lately haha. Hoping for a boy but have decided I don't want to find out the sex. I will have to have a c-section so I figure if the birthday can't be a surprise, at least this will be. This will most likely be our last child.
    Fitness goals: I have lost 40 lbs but gained 10 back after falling off the wagon. Have been back on track the last few weeks and lost a few more. I'm pre diabetic and ultimately need to lose 50 more to get back to 140... hoping to not develop diabetes but it runs in my family and both parents were diagnosed in their 30's (non weight related on my dad's side). Hoping to tone up with light exercise and possibly take up prenatal yoga to manage stress. I had a healthy pregnancy and gained 25 lb last pregnancy. My first appointment isn't until Dec. 15th. I'm very excited and anxious! Want to gain as little as possible and maybe even come out less than were I started. I will have to just wait and see what my Dr says.
  • livelovelearn2011
    Options
    Hi Bri! I love taking classes, but have been on a break for a few years. There is not much money in my field, but we have good benefits and tuition reimbursment...so the whole package deal is decent.

Diabetes is scary- my dad was diagnosed in his 50's. It is a struggle to maintain! I have been doing yoga for stress too:) My nerves are shot...and I am really worried about telling people we are expecting again. 'Big families' are not recieved well with my parents and coworkers.

I think my kids will be really excited, though. And I feel extremely blessed.
  • Briahnon
    Briahnon Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Don't worry too much about what others think. Once they meet that baby, they will fall in love and it won't matter :). Large families seem to be dying out. I wonder why that is? Most people that I know that come from big families, are pretty well rounded, kind, generous people. Maybe the sense of community that comes with living with that many people? lol. I think it's wonderful!
  • AllyLouB
    AllyLouB Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies, I'm due 31st July 2015. I gave one daughter who is 4 yrs. I Gained 4st with her, and totally lost my fitness due to being very lazy. It took a huge effort to get back to normal, and since then I've started lifting and am in the best shape of my life so far. I'm hugely nervous about piling on the pounds again, but am determined to keep training throughout. Hopefully meeting like minded ladies will spur me on and give me the motivation i need.

I'm 37 next week, hubby is 40. We are a RAF family who live on Anglesey North Wales, uk. My hubby is posted away, and daughter is now in full time school, so I have plenty of free time now to make use of the fantastic gym facilities we have here.

I eat fairly healthily, no processed food as much as possible, but this always seems to fail when husband is home. I haven't weighed myself for 3 years as I find it misleading due to the strength training.

Here's to a very healthy 9 months for us all.
  • NerdyWord33
    NerdyWord33 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm 26 years old, 9 weeks along with my first. I planned to wait another 3 weeks to tell family and friends, but my s.o. and I were too excited. I was 3 months premature, which made me a scrawny,sickly child. My ob-gyn promises it's not hereditary,but I want to take every measure to ensure a healthy,active pregnancy. My weight has been at every stop between 120-210 in my adult life. My goal before I became pregnant was to lose 50 pounds. I was 20 pounds down with 30 to go. I am hoping that being mindful during my pregnancy will keep me from offsetting my progress thus far. Friends and exercise tips are always appreciated!
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    I just found out I am pregnant. According to my last period I am due July 29, so about 6 weeks along. I am shocked actually. With my first it took over 6 months and I had some help with Clomid. This was my first month off the pill and we weren't even really trying. Excited, but shocked. Time to really get focused and healthy :smile:
  • livelovelearn2011
    Options
    Hi ladies! Hope everyone is doing well, and welcome to the newcomers. I am about 9 weeks now, and we told our kids and extended family about our new addition (number 5) over Thanksgiving. I was really scared, but everyone has been supportive. (Well, they say the normal snarky comments of 'Don't you have a tv?/ Understand how that happens?/ etc) I just told them that we are only good at so many things, lol!

Have you told others yet, and how? I think the card/ photo ideas are really cute.

I have been so tired lately- it has been a struggle just to get my daily steps in.
  • TANNE21
    TANNE21 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Congrats to all!

Name, Age: Trish, 33
    Due Date: July 9th
    About me: I have been married for almost 4 years and we have one child, a son who will be 3 this month.
    Fitness goals: I gained 50+ lbs with my son and while I lost that weight, I am still around 20lbs overweight. I would like to stick to a 25lb gain this time. In order to accomplish this, I will be logging my calorie intake and making a daily effort to be active. I like to set mini goals and challenge myself and I hope to come up with something new either weekly or monthly to help with my motivation. I really need to work on my water intake as well.

We have only told immediate family and close friends so far and I'm excited to share with co-workers and other friends closer to the end of the first trimester or then some. I don't mind dragging it out a bit, it gives me something to look forward to :)

Sarah, congrats on your family farm! I would love to have a farm - it's actually a pipe dream of mine to live off the land - a la Laura Ingalls - someday lol

• sopranomama
    sopranomama Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! Congrats to you all!

Name, Age: Kristy, 34
    Due Date: July 13

About me: Right now I'm a SAHM to a 2.5 year old boy, but I was a music teacher before we moved for my husband's job. This will probably be our last child, and I definitely want to go back to work once the kids are old enough to start school.

Fitness goals: I want a total do-over from my first pregnancy! I was 35 pounds overweight when I got pregnant with my son, and then gained almost 50 pounds on top of that. I was really out of shape to begin with, and didn't do ANY exercise until after he was born. I was really fortunate to have an uncomplicated pregnancy - other than being enormous! However, my husband (all 6'5" of him) was a ten-pound baby, and despite the fact that I passed my GD test with flying colors, I had a really, really big baby. He weighed 11 lbs and I had to have a C-section. I am hoping that if I manage my weight gain better this time around, both me and this baby will have a better experience. I've lost 55 lbs since January 2014, and I was about two pounds from my initial goal weight when I found out I was pregnant. I've set my calories to maintenance for now, and some days I go over when I have a good appetite, and some days I'm under when the idea of food makes me gag. I've had exactly zero energy for the running and weightlifting I was doing pre-pregnancy, but I'm hoping in a few weeks it'll pass and I can get back to it.
  • livelovelearn2011
    Options
    Hi Trish and Kristy! Hoping for more energy for us all in the coming weeks. Trish- I want to have a big garden next summer and can/ freeze as much as possible. Hoping that all the plowing, planting, bending, weeding will keep me in shape during the last trimester!
  • livelovelearn2011
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Has anyone else been really bloated? I gained 4 pounds in about a week, and it is all bloat. Yesterday, I drank double my normal water, and watched what I ate, and it seems to be better today. Took my first selfie, which I hate doing, haha. Post a pic if you have started documenting yet!5swf7c175miv.jpg
  • ChLoE1130
    Options
    I have been super bloated, but no weight gain. I am 7 weeks. Still no sickness, but some headaches. I had horrible migraines with my first, so I would love to avoid that. I feel like working out has been helping. I try to get on the treadmill at least 3-4 days a week. I am thinking of starting up the Piyo program after the holidays.
  • livelovelearn2011
    Options
    Sorry it is so big! How in the world do you control the size of a pic? I have never tried to post one before, haha.
  • livelovelearn2011
    Options
    Chloe- I have Piyo that I have been doing on/ off since October! I like it...it can be modified when needed, and is not hi impact, so I am hopeful that I will be able to continue doing it over the duration of pregnancy.
  • umekanzah
    umekanzah Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies. I just had my appt last week and finally know that I am 10 weeks pregnant and will be due on July 7th. We already have an almost 6 year old girl and almost 3 year old boy at home and we are excited to be pregnant again to have our family finally be complete.

I wasnt doing so great with my weight loss efforts before i got pregnant, just had a lot of my mind (thesis, international trip etc). I had nausea for a few weeks which seems to have gotten better by taking b6. I think i have gained some weight possibly upto 4 lbs but the scale fluctuates so much its hard to tell. I definetly have a huge belly already which makes me nervous about how big i will get. I shouldnt be though because i gained 50 lbs with both my kids and lost it all within a year of giving birth. But it would be nice to not be so big and uncomfortable.

I am also a bit scared about gestational diabetes. My A1C was normal at my last check but my fasting nos were almost to the prediabetic level so it scares me a bit. I am thinking of loosely following a diabetic diet to hopefully keep it at bay. I didnt have it with either kids and would like it to stay that way.
  • mrs_moonkues
    mrs_moonkues Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Name, Age: Lindsay, 27
    Due Date: July 23rd :smiley:
    About me: I am married to my college sweetheart and first true love. We have a 1 cat who never ceases to make us smile.

Fitness goals: I had been doing pretty well with my weight loss goals, going from 215 to 190ish over the last year in preparation for our April 2014 wedding, Unfortunately, I'd plateaued after losing that weight and still had another 50 pounds to lose when I got pregnant. I am hoping to maintain my weight in the first trimester and not really gain too much weight in the second and third trimester. I want to drink at least 8-10 glasses of water per day and keep my massive sweet tooth in check.
    Right now, I'm trying to get into a routine of doing at least 30-40 minutes of some kind of physical exercise. I used to work out at the gym 1 hour+ which I just don't have the energy for and it probably isn't good for me to do pregnant anyway. I miss working out that hard!
  • ChLoE1130
    Options
    Everyone has different opinions about heart rate and working out hard while pregnant. My doctor says I continue to do what I have already been doing before I got pregnant. Before my first baby I was working out hard alot. But, he is only 14 months and I never got into anything more than running and yoga/pilates since I had him, so I plan to continue that throughout my pregnancy as much as I can.
  • Ramblin_Rood
    Ramblin_Rood Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Name, Age: Molly, 34
    Due Date: July 25th...though probably earlier!

About me: I am a latecomer! I am pregnant with my first (and second!!) and about 10.5 weeks at this point. Married for almost 9 years to my darling hub, who was my college sweetheart.

Fitness goals: Well, unfortunately I had to gain weight when we were TTC, due to TTC. My "happy weight" is 120, but at the time I got pregnant I was probably about 130. I wanted to gain no more than 35 lbs, but my nausea and fatigue have been so bad I've just been eating what doesn't make me nauseous and forget about workouts!

However, this week I've head a breakthrough. I finally have a little energy and nausea is going away! I always worked out really hard in the past, but now I just want to get in 30 mins of cardio 6x/week, yoga 2x, and weights (BodyPump) 2x. I need to be accountable and I'm interested in learning from those due around the same time!

I know with twins I may have to go on bedrest at some point but I want to be as fit as possible until then.