Milestone 6 - Day 60: Friday, November 21, 2014

Options
balancedwalker
balancedwalker Posts: 686 Member
edited November 2014 in Social Groups
Friday is the 6th weigh in. I will issue the rankings on Sunday afternoon (Noon Pacific Time). So, you will have three good days to log and recognized in rankings. I will be adding your name to the special graduate thread if you have achieved 100% or more of your goal.

For Thursday, I only hit the walk goal. Both calories and sleep were failure. For Friday, I will go after the tri-goals of:

1. Calories Limit (CL)
2. Walk 60 minutes (W60)
3. Sleep at least 7 hours (S7)

Don't be afraid to step on that small machine on Friday. Like me if you are anticipating weight gain then do know that it is a long journey, a life style change. We all 'will' get our goals. Just stay safe, healthy and interested in this game called life.

Replies

• carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Sorry forgot to weigh in - I'm really trying to reduce the amount of times I step on that scale. So it's been Monday's for me lately! I'll update on Monday if that's ok with you!

Today's plan:

Stay within my calorie goal and get in 10,000 steps. Won't be exercise after work unless you call Christmas shopping exercise. I'm trying to get most of it done before the masses hit the stores after Thanksgiving!!

Have a great day everyone!!
  • balancedwalker
    balancedwalker Posts: 686 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    You are most welcome to weigh in any time you like. The only exception is the last weigh in on 12/31/14 which must be done by 6 pm Pacific of the same day (you can always weigh in early).

I want to both buck up and kick myself for reporting 4.4 lbs gain. High five for swallowing all the ego and reporting the gain and grounding for swallowing all the extra calories that undid some of my awesome achievement. I don't have any excuse to back up my gain but I assure myself that I can do it. I firmly believe that if any one, including me, stays till the end of challenge then we have a very good chance of achieving our goals.

Now the usual tough part. If you are at 60% of your goal achieved then you are awesome, above 60% means you are fitness guru, and below 60% means... (we know that already...). And one more thing. At or above 100% you will be recognized as the Graduate of 100 Days Challenge. Check that thread by Sunday noon.
  • princessmommy122
    princessmommy122 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I have to update the spreadsheet on my old desk top, which takes sometime to start up, but I actually made the weigh in today! So, I am happy with that. I am less than a pound from my ultimate goal but Thanksgiving is my biggest weakness, so we'll see. Thanks so much for doing this balanced walker. It has been a great motivator. Reporting a gain is never fun, but it does keep your eye on the prize. Good luck next week all!
  • Kenda2427
    Kenda2427 Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    Yes a big thank you and shout to balancedwalker for pulling this together. It is very helpful on keeping focused and on track. I still find the water intake very hard and now that it is winter, the walking/jogging is getting harder, but I have really been far more motivated to get out there and moving despite my body wanting to stay on the couch in front of the fire. Knowing I report in daily and weigh in on a public spreadsheet keeps me accountable. :D
  • danelutza19
    danelutza19 Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    Well, as it just so happens I havent worked out in 4 days; my muscles had time to recover and loose all the extra water stored. That's why its a good weighin day:)
    Balancedwalker I couldn't help but notice that lately you are working on harscaping your yard. I hope you know it's practically impossible to gain 4.4lb of fat in 20 days. That would mean you ate 16,000 extra calories above your maintenance calories and still not all gains would be fat. The good news here is that you are lifting heavy stuff, bending and doing a strenght training workout :) that means you get hungrier and your muscles retain lots of water. It's quite normal. You are getting stronger and actually loosing fat, check how your clothes fit ;) the scale is only half the story
  • ketowerdefense
    ketowerdefense Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Work has been my exercise this week, as I was prepping and managing a black-tie gala that took place last night. I kept things reasonably in check, though, so today's only goal is to get in 10 glasses of water before leaving the office.
  • justdebbie1
    justdebbie1 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I too had a gain this time. But I know why. I have not been doing a good job at portion sizes. Will be going back to my scale. Goals for the next 10 days are to drink my water stay under my calories by weighing my food and get back on track with my steps.
  • annangelich
    annangelich Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Well I did not lose any extra, then again, I did not gain either.
    Today's workout was intense. I just started a strength training routine and man I know I will not be moving very well tomorrow.
    My goals for the next ten days are to stay within my calories, and continue doing my new routine. Not miss a single day. The active recovery days are just as important in this program as the actual workouts.
    I hope everyone has a great day and a wonderful weekend.
  • danelutza19
    danelutza19 Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    Annangelich congratulations on starting strenght training: best gift you can give your body!
    Enjoy those recovery days, they really are the most important
  • Mechdonna2
    Mechdonna2 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Friday is the 6th weigh in. I will issue the rankings on Sunday afternoon (Noon Pacific Time). So, you will have three good days to log and recognized in rankings. I will be adding your name to the special graduate thread if you have achieved 100% or more of your goal.

For Thursday, I only hit the walk goal. Both calories and sleep were failure. For Friday, I will go after the tri-goals of:

1. Calories Limit (CL)
    2. Walk 60 minutes (W60)
    3. Sleep at least 7 hours (S7)

Don't be afraid to step on that small machine on Friday. Like me if you are anticipating weight gain then do know that it is a long journey, a life style change. We all 'will' get our goals. Just stay safe, healthy and interested in this game called life.

Thanks for the inspiring thoughts. I have maintained and it is a downer. But, I have not given up.