Western All Stars - Chat (11/20 - 11/26)

Options
cycletrak1
cycletrak1 Posts: 607 Member
edited November 2014 in Social Groups
Week 11 - Commercial Challenge:

Squat it Out

Based on your ability, Squat during the Commercials:

Free Standing Squat (legs forward)

Free Standing Squat (legs wide)

Wall Squat

Be safe, remember to keep your knees behind the toes when lowering into the Squat.

If you can not do Squats, then do another exercise that is safe for you to do during the Commercial.

Cycletrak1 :)

Notice that in the examples below, the back is straight, butt is back and the knees do not go past the toes.

If you don't want to use weights, simply extend your arms, shoulder height in front of you.

Thank you shadow2soul, of Team Sole Trainers, for sharing these examples:

Dumbbell-Squats.gif

Wide-Leg-Squats-with-Dumbbell.gif

Replies

• andy_geek
    andy_geek Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    This was one of my favorite episodes, i loved the sandbag effort and the teamwork. It was a lot of fun cheering them on!

OMG, the weigh-in!! What an unmitigated disaster this was, may have been the worst overall results in BL history?
  • twinkle150
    twinkle150 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Completed the commercial challenge.

Low numbers all the way around and they had all the trainers pushing them. Maybe they put on more muscle this week. I think they choose the correct person to leave. Scott is mentally ready to do it on his own, although I enjoy following him. Boxed butterflies was interesting.
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,823 Member
    Options
    done the squats liked the team work on the sand bags.Wow what low numbers.To bad Scott left but he was the most ready todo it on his own ome back ranch will be interesting next week
  • katonaroof
    katonaroof Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    i didn't really like any of the show. & low numbers doesn't cover - with 8 people, they lost a combined total of 14 lbs - that's just crazy; less than 2 lbs per person. hated the boxed butterflies - those are living things trapped in small boxes; the things people think of to do to other living things is astoundingly awful!

did the squats during the commercials.

i'm thinking of withdrawing from this challenge as i'm realizing that i don't want to be measuring my progress by weight anymore, it just doesn't feel right for me at this point in my life. not sure what that looks like yet feel like i just want to put the scale away for at least the rest of the year... if not entirely.
This discussion has been closed.