In house throwdown on Sunday

bostonwolf
bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
AM peeps vs. PM peeps. PM won the last one so AM should be coming hard.

WOD 1 "Fried Turkey Legs"
3 minute clock:
AMRAP Back Squat Volume, you choose the weight and rep scheme. Racking the bar is allowed.
Rest 1 minute:

3 minute clock: Row for max meters

WOD 2: "Butternut Squash"
2 Rounds, 4:30 each.

Run 400m, 12 Burpee Box jump overs, AMRAP KB Swings 1.5 pood.
At the 4:30 mark you do the second 400m Run.

Floater WOD:

1RM Suitcase Deadlift using farmer's handles. No limit on attempts. Full lockout and control at the top, you can drop from there.

Hopefully we finish before the Pats/Lions game at 1.

Replies

• bostonwolf
    WOD 3 "Apple Turnovers"
    Ladder WOD
    Minute 1: 1 med ball sit up, 1 shoulder to overhead
    135/95 RX
    115/75 Lvl3
    95/65 Lvl2
    75/45 or as needed (In house competition so the standards are pretty loose as we want everyone to have fun)
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    fun!
  • DarkAngellEyes
    DarkAngellEyes Posts: 317 Member
    Sounds fun! We just had a in-house comp at our box this weekend too! It was a lot of fun and incredible showing of strength!
  • bostonwolf
    Quick recap: PM team won (again) even though some new AM additions provided some stiff challenges. It was very loosely judged, people picked their own weights etc so it was much more about everyone getting a taste of competition than it was a tightly judged event.

First event: Sucked, but the events were right in my wheelhouse so it was more enjoyable. I used 155 as my weight and did 45 reps. One minute rest, then rowed 835m. My mental goal was to keep the pace under 1:50 which I believe I did or came very close to doing.

Second event: sucked and not at all in my wheelhouse. I didn't think going into it that I would get to KBs on the second heat and I was correct. I actually outran one of our fellow Masters (AM guy) for about 300m of the run before he passed me. That said, "running" is a loosely used term. We were both completely on empty and moving as fast as we could, which was not fast at all. I knew I wouldn't finish round 2 of burpee box jumps but I pushed as hard as I could. Got to about 10 of them.

Third event: Fun because it was strange. You didn't really get tired like in the previous two workouts. There was just a point where you couldn't do the presses any more. I finished round 7 and the situps in round 8 and felt good. Did 2 presses and realized "that's all she wrote, get as many as you can" and got 3 more. The best athlete (a 20 year old who has been doing CF for 3 months maybe) got into the 13th round. You will see this guy in Regionals at some point if he sticks with it.

Floater: Did this after the 2nd event, got to 430 and felt myself getting a bit tight and stiff. I had just watched a buddy tweak his back going a bit too heavy so I called it there. Probably could have pulled 450, tried 470 and couldn't move it.

Very fun event, if your box has some newbies I'd strongly suggest having your coaches put on an event like this. It's a lot of fun and is a good way to get new people used to a competition-like environment.
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf wrote: »
    WOD 3 "Apple Turnovers"
    Ladder WOD
    Minute 1: 1 med ball sit up, 1 shoulder to overhead
    135/95 RX
    115/75 Lvl3
    95/65 Lvl2
    75/45 or as needed (In house competition so the standards are pretty loose as we want everyone to have fun)

To because I misread this originally: One clean, then x number of presses. I originally thought you had to clean each rep. That would have ended things quickly for everyone.
  • bostonwolf
    The DOMS today is out of control. Abs, neck, legs. I need Advil.