Season 5 - Episode 7 - "Crossed" - 11/23/14

Options
AnaNotBanana
AnaNotBanana Posts: 963 Member
edited November 2014 in Social Groups
This thread serves as a place to discuss speculation, and then reaction to the 11/23/14 episode.

PLEASE REMEMBER TO NOT DISCUSS COMIC BOOK SPOILERS IN EPISODE/SEASON THREADS

AMC Sneak Peek:
http://www.amctv.com/the-walking-dead/videos/sneak-peek-episode-507-the-walking-dead-crossed

YouTube Preview:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0naizhDs98

Replies

• soaps54
    soaps54 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Oh, Sasha, you know better than that.
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Sigh. I can't stand it when smart people do dumb things. Turning your back on him that way?

I knew when he started spouting off that story, it was bs.

I totally would have shot the guy who was beating up Darryl. That dude is bad news.

Why is the Father Gabriel running away?
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    Yeah I am bummed because the whole thing making this season so great is NOT having the characters act dumber than they are just to move the plot along. Disappointing!

I am super confused about what Father Gabriel is doing. Besides generally freaking out, I mean.

Also? Dawn the rape-facilitator cannot be rehabilitated, sorry.
  • ELMunque
    ELMunque Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Sasha was just being stupid because the guys name was bob, or at least that's what he said, I'm pretty sure he overheard her talking at some point. I knew it was bs too, was just waiting for it. I don't get father gabriel, why would you run away? he could choose to just stay there, they will all leave eventually, I mean where is he going to go? On the talking dead they said, "I feel sorry for gabriel, he seems to know all the zombies personally" funny.
  • Booksandbeaches
    edited November 2014
    Options
    sofaking6 wrote: »
    Yeah I am bummed because the whole thing making this season so great is NOT having the characters act dumber than they are just to move the plot along. Disappointing!

That's one of the things that bugs about this show. They consistently do dumb things just to get drama and move the plot along.

Also? Dawn the rape-facilitator cannot be rehabilitated, sorry.

Yep, she is no better than the men she allowed to rape the wards.

Maybe Father Gabriel will run into Morgan in the woods. Morgan will save Father Gabriel who will bring Morgan to the group.

I didn't get all the hate towards Abraham. All the dirty looks he got from them. He didn't deserve it. I also thought Tara's joke was funny... :)
  • AnaNotBanana
    Options
    soaps54 wrote: »
    Oh, Sasha, you know better than that.

I had a bad feeling about that guy from the beginning!!! And when he's telling his sob story about recognizing his friend my first thought was "All the zombies are burnt up, how can you even recognize him?!?!" Sure enough he was being shady. Poor Sasha was still so upset about Bob. She wasn't ready to deal with it and made a stupid mistake. Like when Tyreese was not ready to deal with Karen's death and just sat in the car while a horde of zombies attacked him. Luckily Tyreese made it out ok and hopefully so will Sasha.
  • AnaNotBanana
    Options

Why is the Father Gabriel running away?

I think that Father Gabriel (stupidly) thinks that there is another way to live. He still cannot reconcile the fact that all those people were killed in his church. He's still carrying so much guilt that he let all those people die that he doesn't want to participate in any more killing.

My concern is less for Father Gabriel and more for the fact that Michonne, Judith and Carl are vulnerable now. How long before they realize he is gone and there is an open hole in the floor!!
  • AnaNotBanana
    Options
    Am I the only one that thought Beth should NOT have trusted what the doctor said about what medication to give Carol?? I mean he already told her once to give the wrong medication. What's to keep him from lying again? Clearly they know that Carol and Beth have a relationship. Why else would Beth be trying to save Carol? And I don't trust Dawn for a second even though she gave the key to Beth to get medicine. Just like the Doctor said "if she gave you that key it's not out of the goodness of her heart."
  • sofaking6
    Options

I didn't get all the hate towards Abraham. All the dirty looks he got from them. He didn't deserve it. I also thought Tara's joke was funny... :)

Abe was getting REALLY agro up to the point where Eugene confessed, and then he just freezes like that - I think they were more still pissed at him for being out of control & wanting to go through the Walker Ranch and then beating up/maybe killing Eugene, and at the same time figuring out what was the best way to snap him out of it. I thought it was kinda cool because in the flashback we saw how manipulative Eugene was to snap Abraham out of his funk back then, and now we see that everyone else tries and fails and then Abe comes back as soon as Eugene does. So maybe even more of a co-dependency between them than it seemed?
  • soaps54
    Options
    You know what I was super mad about? When are these mother-truckers going to start listening to Rick? He was right about not letting any of the Termites live but they talked him out of that and look what happened with them showing up at the church's doorstep. Now, Tyreese talks them out of the same thing here at Grady and brings up the idea of doing a peaceful exchanging of their people for Dawn's cops. I guess I'm just a cold-hearted b!tch but I wouldn't trust people much any more after all they've been through and leaving the crazies alive just doesn't seem plausible anymore. /endrant. :)
  • soaps54
    Options
    Am I the only one that thought Beth should NOT have trusted what the doctor said about what medication to give Carol?? I mean he already told her once to give the wrong medication. What's to keep him from lying again? Clearly they know that Carol and Beth have a relationship. Why else would Beth be trying to save Carol? And I don't trust Dawn for a second even though she gave the key to Beth to get medicine. Just like the Doctor said "if she gave you that key it's not out of the goodness of her heart."

The doc's definitely a wild card. I thought the same thing initially about not trusting him but I think at this point things are pretty desperate since they removed or are going to remove Carol from the machines and she has to make it on her own. I'm a little worried about the blurb he said about Dawn having an ulterior motive behind giving Beth the key.
  • dward59
    dward59 Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    I knew Sasha was in trouble and being setup. My son though argued with me because Noah had told the group, "He's one of the good ones." So was Noah taken in after that much time in the compound or do we have yet another twist in the making. The previews for next week had me on the edge of my chair. The break is coming too fast!
  • sofaking6
    Options
    dward59 wrote: »
    I knew Sasha was in trouble and being setup. My son though argued with me because Noah had told the group, "He's one of the good ones." So was Noah taken in after that much time in the compound or do we have yet another twist in the making. The previews for next week had me on the edge of my chair. The break is coming too fast!

Plus he could totally have killed her and he did not, and he ran super fast and didn't leer or gloat or have a monologue like most of the EVIL characters do.

@soap45, I could not agree more! I was thinking, why even bring Tyrese at all, you know he won't fight.

So we finally got rid of Dale and then we were stuck with Hershel, then we finally got rid of Hershel and oh look now Tyrese is going to be the inexplicably weak-sauce character who mistakenly thinks he's morally superior to the rest of them but is really just always about to get them all killed.

Plus dumb Sasha....I hope they're not regressing.

• Booksandbeaches
    Options
    Tyreese is way too soft. The man irritates me. I get they are trying to make him the gentle giant, but that schtick getting way too old. The man needs to realize that you can't nice people during a ZA. I was surprised that Darryl backed up the weaker plan twice! He backed up Tyreese and then when Rick was about to do in the a-hole of a cop, he stopped Rick too. Dumb. I'm merciless in ZA.

Rick needs to repeat to the rest of the group what he told Carl a few episodes ago. "You are not safe. No matter how many people are around or how clear the area looks. No matter what anyone says. … It only takes one second and it’s over. Never let your guard down. Ever.” You listening, Sasha? lol
  • AnaNotBanana
    Options
    The whole Eugene/Abraham/etc story line seemed to get lost on me this episode. I got to like Rosita a little more in this episode and Tara a little less. I guess when it's the end of the world the little things make you happy but really?? She got that excited for a yo yo???
  • sofaking6
    Options
    OK so...mod pls let me know if the Talking Dead previews count as spoilers...I'm assuming not so, TTD preview showed Father G at the school where the Termites had camped. He finds Bob's grilled-up leg and freaks out. So, now I'm thinking maybe he didn't really believe their story of cannibalism and thought they just massacred the Termites out of evil rage, and so he went to find out? Or he was hoping it wasn't true, more likely.

• Booksandbeaches
    Options
    OK so...mod pls let me know if the Talking Dead previews count as spoilers...I'm assuming not so, TTD preview showed Father G at the school where the Termites had camped. He finds Bob's grilled-up leg and freaks out. So, now I'm thinking maybe he didn't really believe their story of cannibalism and thought they just massacred the Termites out of evil rage, and so he went to find out? Or he was hoping it wasn't true, more likely.

I missed that preview. Interesting.

I think Father Gabriel, if he's not pretending at being so sheltered all this time, really doesn't know what it's like out there. He's naïve about how radically the world has changed in a year. It seemed like he thought Rick and Co. killed the Termites out of rage.
  • ELMunque
    ELMunque Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I think Gabriel is naive, but I think his thing is that he doesn't want to kill the zombies peeps because a lot of them in the area were in his congregation and he feels guilty for essentially killing them the first time by locking them out of the church. I don't think he went looking for the termites camp, but now that he's found it I think he'll go back to the church, scared, if he makes it.

I'm more interested in Beths scene right now, who are the good guys? Are they going to try to make Dawn a good guy now? I hope not. Maybe Larkins is a good guy and is just scared that Dawn will kill him if he doesn't try to escape? Maybe none of it matters because as soon as Rick's team finds out their pansy plan isn't working and they need to go with the original badass plan they will kill everyone and that story line will end with the midseason finale and we can get the group back together and quit with the bottleneck episodes?
  • sofaking6
    Options
    You know they've had a pretty triumphant run lately and the raid is shaping up to be a major cluster...jam...I'm starting to think we're going to lose someone this Sunday. Also because there is a 'mystery guest' on Talking Dead. My money's on Beth.

I'm confused about Dawn and co as well; although I do think that despite her giving the keys to Beth last week, nobody expects her to be seen as a good guy. The 'cops' were talking about how Dawn doesn't really have control, which to me means they do. Maybe?

• soaps54
    Options
    I have a bad feeling about Carol myself. Of course, I hope that I'm way off, love her character.