does this sounds like gluten intolerance??

Options
yogaveg
yogaveg Posts: 68 Member
so i know you guys aren't doctors but here's my situation. i often think i have food allergies/ sensitivities/ intolerances because of my anxiety and eating disorder. long story. but anyway so before going to a doctor or talking to my dietitian i just wanted to get an outsider's opinion. typically my diet has been pretty light on the gluten but then in this last week i've been having bagels galore and whole grain tortillas and breads and then tonight i've been having stomach issues (cramping, bloating, etc) and i've been really dizzy, my vision has been kinda blurry, and i've been kinda fatigued. so is this typical? am i developing an intolerance? should i see a dr? or will this just pass?
thanks in advanced!

Replies

• digitalcanuck
    digitalcanuck Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    This is really hard to answer. It could be anything from the flu to a food intolerance/allergy. The best strategy is to see your doctor and get checked out.

Good luck.
  • chrissyfitter
    chrissyfitter Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Constipation?
  • ShrinkinMel
    ShrinkinMel Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    When my daughter has had some of those I mentioned to pediatrician about the symptoms and she said constipation too and said Miralax. It can help with cramping too even if not constipated. It did for me. I get GI cramping from Metformin. Hoping one day to get off it. Its made life outdoors kinda difficult.

Myself I had anxiety long before the Gi stuff started up again. Trying to see if I was having the cramping before Metformin at all but I know its common on this med. Its most often along with breads but also fructose.
  • stirlingtea
    Options
    I agree w/the above answers. Many times during the holidays stress, responsibilities, parties, alcohol, schedules that are off, excessive caloric intake, etc. can adversely affect bodily functions. Eat as 'cleanly' as possible (veggies, fruits, etc.), drink lots of water, and get plenty of rest before freaking out. It could be as simple as giving your body a rest. If you still have problems, definitely see your Dr. Make sure you see a Dr. that understands food allergies.
  • Becky388
    Becky388 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    That's a lot of carbs. Do you know what your blood sugar is? My husband is diabetic and his vision gets blurry when his blood sugar gets too high.
  • tawanda6329
    tawanda6329 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Just stop eating Gluten for 2 weeks and see if your symptoms improve.
  • Refined_by_Fire
    Refined_by_Fire Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I have gluten allergies, when I eat it I get go problems, red spots itchy spots on my back and a running nose, headaches..... But also stomach disturbances. So it depends. You may still want to check with your doctor. I had a allergy test to verify. :)
  • MajorMusic13
    MajorMusic13 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    @Refined_by_Fire what did they do for your allergy test? I was re-tested in December for allergies, but they refused to run one for food allergies besides peanuts/tree nuts.