Wrist Wraps / Straps

Options
jpapp13
jpapp13 Posts: 73 Member
So here's my question, I've started to increase in my lifting weights and have been finding some issues with front squats and overhead squats, I have muscle elasticity issues due to a genetic mishap .. (sounds better than defect) and my wrist tend to bend at extreme angles during some of this movements. See Image below from September.

hudba6tnnj28.jpg

Basically I'm looking for suggestions for a good wrist support that will make these movements a little more bearable on my joints.

Replies

• bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Dang. I wish I had that wrist flexibility. I think when you get more mobility in your shoulders (which if you are patient should help at least a little, regardless of genetics) the wrists will be just fine.

Standard wraps you find on Rogue or Harbinger should do the trick.
  • Mummyadams
    Mummyadams Posts: 1,125 Member
    Options
    I use wrist wraps predominantly for Front & Overhead Squats. It helps keep them stable and reduces soreness. I'm no expert but looking at your pic your elbows need to be much more forward. This would help with your wrists bending. Obviously I know nothing about your 'mishap' but would think that this is something you could look at.
  • ashleearoha
    ashleearoha Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    My wrists bend that far too. I bought some wrist wraps off thewodlife.com and they are brilliant! I wear them for everything now. I find overhead squats, front squats and cleans are a lot more stable and my wrists don't hurt.
  • jpapp13
    jpapp13 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Thanks all... and my 'mishap' is a non progressive form of muscular dystrophy ..
    I bought a pair of wrist wraps last night .. it was a challenge finding ones for my smaller wrists .. we'll see how it goes!
  • chelsfelt
    chelsfelt Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I was having wrist pain in overhead squats/snatches. I just got wrist wraps last week and I wear them for everything now. I love them. I got some off brand from Amazon but they work really well and look just like the Rogue ones everyone else has
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options