Update - 7 months on program

Options
Ive been on New Directions plan for 7 months last week. I've lost 100 pounds with them and I feel great! I dropped from a size 3x 24/26 to a XL 16-ish. With all that success, I had to make some tough decisions for my family and myself.
I left my ND weight loss clinic last week because the cost was a burden and we're stretched as far as we're comfortable. So my plan now is to use custom shakes (lots of protein, about the same calories as the meal replacements I was drinking) and to have a nice clean "paleo" dinner. There's going to be a moment in time where I may gain a couple of pounds but that's just my body figuring out I'm not starving. LOL Or, I may be a big ol loser. Who knows. But I do know that the support that I get from each and every one of you helps keep motivated and active.

I will continue to come here and give support, advise and motivation. You all are doing awesome! We can do this! :)

Replies

• dan_IRL
    dan_IRL Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    You can do this! Keep on Keepin on!
  • Ladybug_Karen
    Ladybug_Karen Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Thanks Dan!! :#
  • yellowdaisy3321
    yellowdaisy3321 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    You've done great! Congratulations on losing 100lbs! You did that really fast! I've found maintaining is actually pretty easy. I eat pretty strictly Mon - Fri and can eat just about anything I want on the weekend. I also work out 3-5 times per week. I am thinking about going back to the program in Jan to lose the last 20lbs. The break from the program has been good for me though, realizing that I can maintain (now that I figured it out) has been a happy revelation.

Are you not allowed to buy shakes from your program after you finish? We're allowed to buy enough to have 2 per day for the rest of our lives once we've completed the program. I still drink 1-2 shakes per day for breakfast and post workout. I get a discount on the food because of my employer, it's probably cheaper to buy another brand, right?
  • Rfreed75
    Rfreed75 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Awesome job Karen! The bodybuilding (.com) website has some shakes that are almost identical in nutritional value to the New Direction ones.
  • Ladybug_Karen
    Options
    Hi Cindy, we can't buy product after unless actively in the maintenance program. It's a lot cheaper to buy another brand.

Thanks @rfreed75 I'll look at those.
  • sebrinac
    sebrinac Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success with the program Karen! You have definitely done great, and I'm sure you will continue doing so. Looking forward to continuing to follow your journey!
  • amyc2912
    amyc2912 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! It's amazing that you lost that much weight that soon. That's life changing!
  • ESueM67
    ESueM67 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Way to go, Karen! You will be fine. Getting as far as you have requires motivation, dedication and support. You have the tools to keep succeeding! We are all in your corner rooting you on!
  • ESueM67
    Options
    Hi Cindy, we can't buy product after unless actively in the maintenance program. It's a lot cheaper to buy another brand.

Thanks @rfreed75 I'll look at those.

Will you let me know what alternative you pick? My insurance is changing in January, and I may not be able to afford to remain on New Direction after that.

• Ladybug_Karen
    Options
    Hello! Well, I'm maintaining and that's good. I'm using EAS ready to drink shakes I bought at walmart for a quick easy meal and eating low carb/paleo. I feel good and have more fight in the gym. This week I might actually drop a pound ☺️
  • ESueM67
    Options
    Awesome!
  • yellowdaisy3321
    yellowdaisy3321 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • ESueM67
    Options
    Just checking in to see how things are going. My insurance change has prompted me to start investigating truer ketogenic and paleo eating.
  • HuskerJulie413
    HuskerJulie413 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I just started New Direction and catching up on the discussions on this group. I know it's been 6 months since anyone posted here.

One of the reasons I chose ND is because previously I had lost weight using the EAS powdered shakes along with a meal. In many ways it was easier to just drink a shake! I just felt I needed the medical supervision with using 4 shakes a day and so much more to lose. I am an emotional eater and not having to prepare meals will be less stressful as I figure out why I overeat and all the emotions that may bring up!
  • oooooKATEooooo
    oooooKATEooooo Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Good Luck, Julie!

I am going to the New Direction orientation at a local hospital on 7/1.
    Like you, I prepping healthy meals is stressful to me and I think I'll be better off doing this and seeing lbs lost and then having motivation to start the lifestyle habits I need.

Please keep us posted on how it's going for you - good and bad.
  • erock0628
    erock0628 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Julie how's it going
  • HuskerJulie413
    Options
    Down 81 pounds now! I am using 2 meal replacements most days and then eating a low carb real food meal and a snack. Sometimes 3 shakes and a real food snack. I love being in ketosis!
  • erock0628
    erock0628 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Motivation!! That's so good to hear Julie how many months have you been on this program?
  • HuskerJulie413
    Options
    I started June 15, 2015.