cycletrak1 Posts: 607 Member
edited November 2014 in Social Groups
Week 11 - Commercial Challenge:

Squat it Out

Based on your ability, Squat during the Commercials:

Free Standing Squat (legs forward)

Free Standing Squat (legs wide)

Wall Squat

Be safe, remember to keep your knees behind the toes when lowering into the Squat.

If you can not do Squats, then do another exercise that is safe for you to do during the Commercial.

Cycletrak1 :)

Notice that in the examples below, the back is straight, butt is back and the knees do not go past the toes.

If you don't want to use weights, simply extend your arms, shoulder height in front of you.

Thank you shadow2soul, of Team Sole Trainers, for sharing these examples:

Dumbbell-Squats.gif

Wide-Leg-Squats-with-Dumbbell.gif

Replies

• Shell_7609
    Shell_7609 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I'll watch as soon as it's on, since the president is on at 8
  • Mspmpayne
    Mspmpayne Posts: 267 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I'll be watching and doing my squats during commercial breaks.

Ok my local channel is showing the president (NBC) so I will watch as soon as it resumes.
  • Mspmpayne
    Options
    Loved the butterfly ceremony....very moving.
  • Mspmpayne
    Options
    Damien did it!!! He looks so happy.
  • Mspmpayne
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Worst weigh-in ever....I feel bad Scott got eliminated. Bet he will be happy when he gets taken to comeback canyon. =)

I did all my squats during the commercials.
  • cycletrak1
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Watched the show and did the wide-squats, no weights. Feel the burn, especially after doing INSANITY-MAX Recovery Workout today, which has a lot of leg work in it too!

Super! Damien lost 11 pounds! Hope Damien can stay at Come Back Canyon next week! I liked the release of butterflies. It really is an emotional experience, releasing something into the sky!

:flowerforyou:

INSANITY CHALLENGE - SEE BELOW:

exercise.png

43598207.png

• watersm04
    watersm04 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    This is my day off today. Taking my dog to the Veterinarian hospital today to see if she is in remission. Her cancer came back about a month ago. Fingers crossed...we are staying positive. <3

Then back home to do 15km on my bike and watch Biggest Loser. I need to be accountable so I will post back here when I've done it!

Have a great day everyone!
  • meganfoster12
    meganfoster12 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Missed the beginning because of Obama so will have to catch 15 minutes at some point; however I love how amazing Ronde-Lee looks and I am so happy Toma is safe; he still needs work mentally before he can go; plus my gal Sonya is safe!!! Loved the butterflies that was amazing!! I did crunches because of knee injure; in total did 100 crunches! Abs sore today :)
  • Shell_7609
    Options
    I watched most of last night (except first 15 minutes) while I was having dinner, so I'll re-watch the on-demand when it's available & attempt to do wall squats, I'm sure my knees will sound like rice krispies while doing that, so I can't promise that I'll do many. Loved seeing the butterfly release, and I'm very surprised with one gain & one maintain on the same week. I'd love to see more of what was going on when the contestants are with Bob
  • watersm04
    watersm04 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    watched the show on Friday afternoon while riding my bike. I did 15km and squats after. Sad to see Scott leave but I think he'll be fine. I was surprised how low the losses were this week.

btw - my dog is in remission!!! Now we just have 6months of chemo again. It's pill form so its easier on her. Hurray, we are so excited!!
  • ThisCanadian
    ThisCanadian Posts: 1,086 Member
    Options
    Hi guys,

Just watched the latest episode of TBL. Well I missed the group challenge due since it was interrupted for the President. (Thanks Obama!) If anyone was able to catch it can you let me know what happened?

I'm bummed to see Scott go. I was surprised to see Lori pick him as their on the same team together. I know many of you like her but she just gives me a shady vibe.

Didn't do squats as my back is very stiff today so I did busy work to keep myself moving.
  • DonnaDTW
    DonnaDTW Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Like most I watched most because of the interuption. Haven't had a chance to rewatch. Walked laps around peninsula in kitchen instead of lunges.

Weird outcomes in to say the least. Didn't really like the results but Lori was safe so I'm good :) Kind of dreading Come Back Canyon this week, I like both Scott & Damien but with a huge loss and low loss, Scott will most likely win. I will miss Damien...guess we'll see in two weeks.

For the Americans enjoy Thanksgiving but think moderation! For all of us, stick to your plan and try your best to make wise choices, small changes add up! We are WARRIORS...let's do this!
  • findingmyfabulous
    Options
    This weeks episode is blocked in Australia. I don't understand this! I've been able to find every other episode! I keep getting redirected. I am disappointed but I watched my regular TV program and did regular squats in the commercials. I am thankful for strong legs so I didn't mind the squats at all. Not sure if it counts but I tried folks!
  • Shell_7609
    Options
    My on-demand wasn't working, so during one of my regular tv shows on monday, I did busy work around the house during commercials.
  • cycletrak1
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Here is the link for the show:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNEyrfOwz4E

For some reason the actual BL video for Episode 11 is linked to previous week. So found a different link. Sorry the video is very small :(
  • chuckles71
    chuckles71 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Didn't read everyone comments yet still trying to watch video stop working in the middle of the episode. Managed 2 sets of modified squats. So sad Woody lost his wife.
    They have to lose 5lb each for everyone to stay. So hopefully the men will loss more to compensate for lower weight loss from the women left. Will Damien stay or will it be Rhondalee?
  • cycletrak1
    Options
    chuckles71 wrote: »
    Didn't read everyone comments yet still trying to watch video stop working in the middle of the episode....... Will Damien stay or will it be Rhondalee?

Damien stayed. :)
This discussion has been closed.