Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Itchy!

boomerkae
boomerkae Posts: 217 Member
Six days post op. My incisions are SO FREAKING ITCHY!

I had my one week post op visit today - one site is apparently infected, others doing ok.

Trying so hard not to scratch!1

Replies

• loriloftness
    loriloftness Posts: 476 Member
    YES!!!! I'm trying to not itch because I still have 2 more days before I can remove the steri-strips. I try to rub around the incisions to make it stop.
  • JeanneMarie11111
    JeanneMarie11111 Posts: 57 Member
    Benadryl anti itch gel works really well
  • boomerkae
    I take zyrtec for seasonal allergies. I wonder if that's why it's worse at night - that's when I take the meds. Lori - my doc removed my steristrips at my 1 week appointment Wed. I was like "NO! Keep em covered!!"
  • jrnguyen
    jrnguyen Posts: 92 Member
    I'm 9 weeks out and my incisions STILL itch sometimes. I've gotten used to it at this point and tend to scratch unconsciously, but I'm beginning to wonder if they always will!
  • jamezln
    jamezln Posts: 182 Member
    Don't laugh but I put cocoa butter on the stomach, then the incisions after about a week and a half. No itching and you can hardly see anything but my large incision.
  • boomerkae
    jamezln wrote: »
    Don't laugh but I put cocoa butter on the stomach, then the incisions after about a week and a half. No itching and you can hardly see anything but my large incision.

Not laughing at all! I used cocoa butter on a preggy belly. :smile: