Day 66: Thursday, November 27, 2014

Options
balancedwalker
balancedwalker Posts: 686 Member
edited November 2014 in Social Groups
Though Mac and Cheese were lucky to get the presidential pardon, my three Costco chickens were not. The day I achieve the culinary mastery then I will be putting a self cooked Turkey on the table.

I am not holding myself to any calories limit on Thanksgiving as I know that will be setting up myself to disappointment. But will burn them after thanksgiving.

For Black Friday I have the most unusal thing on the top of the wish list - New Water Pump and Belt for my Prius. The 40% off from my dealer is too good to ignore but I hate to be taking my car to dealer on Black Friday. The tech toys wish list include Apple Extreme Router, Motorola SB6183 and DropCam Pro. But will probably pass them for the time being.

Any plans for Black Friday shopping?

Replies

• princessmommy122
    princessmommy122 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I am roasting my 22 pound turkey as we speak. We host every year and I can say there is definitely a turkey roasting learning curve. I've learned a lot. I am not setting calorie limits toady, but I did make sure to include many healthy sides. Happy Thanksgiving All!
  • Kenda2427
    Kenda2427 Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    Happy Thanksgiving to all of you in the US, our Thanksgiving was last month (Canadian), so its business as usual for us today :)
    Today, did my DVD, boot camp tonight, definitely some snow shovelling as we are supposed to 20-30 cms today, and eat below calorie range. This weekend is supposed to be bitter cold and I have a 5k race on Saturday so that could be interesting with all the new snow and then the extreme cold. Calling for -30 with the wind chill..all the more reason to run quick and finish fast.
  • ketowerdefense
    ketowerdefense Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Happy Thanksgiving to everyone in the states!

Black Friday has made its way up to Canada, and so far I've price-matched our recently purchased appliances for nearly a $600 refund :smiley:

On my personal shopping list, I've already bought two (smaller!) pairs of jeans online, and hope to add a bikini (really wishful thinking!!!) to that list tomorrow.
  • NikonPal
    NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    Did all I could this Thanksgiving dinner to stay under my daily calorie goal.

Drank 1 Diet Coke; No alcohol; No dessert; No potato, No cranberry, I brought my own butter spray (for Italian bread) & balsamic spray (for salad) and Fat Free Turkey gravy.

BUT I went bread-carb crazy and was worried I had gone too far with 1 ¼ cup of bread stuffing and about 7.5 ounces of turkey breast (no skin) and 5 slices of Italian bread throughout the day and a Fiber bar.

After I mentally added 15% for possible errors, I still managed to stay under goal – so I was very satisfied with the numbers…now for Christmas. Of course, my next weigh-in will tell the real story.

As for Black Friday - I have a certain limited release album in mind. If the store line looks to be less than 30 minutes, I will wait - if longer I'll probably pass.

Again - Happy Thanksgiving to all --
  • justdebbie1
    justdebbie1 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I was not going to log my food today as it is Thanksgiving. Just didn't feel right, so I went ahead and dd it. If I hadn't had a piece of cherry pie with cool whip I would have only been 4 over calories. I love turkey so well be having it all weekend.Hope everybody ad a great Thanksgiving that lives in the U.S.
  • NikonPal
    NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    Got that Black Friday purchase....I was able to buy Elvis Presley - Showroom Internationale 2LP - 180G 12" vinyl. Each vinyl is individually numbered (I was able to get one of the first presses). It is a 17 song, 2 LP set and features the King's full August 12, 1970 dinner show plus 13 previously unreleased performances.”

IMG_1947_zps158371b4.jpg