Day 72: Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Options
danelutza19
danelutza19 Posts: 2,025 Member
edited December 2014 in Social Groups
Maybe not the best tread I ever posted...
Yesterday was a terrible day for me. Nothing bad happened, but emotionally there was a major storm. One of my friends on MFP announced that she will be participating in the annual transformation challenge from Bodybuilding.com; I'm really happy for her. It got me thinking about it.. The prize is really generous $80.000. I wouldn't mind winning it... So I sat down and did some math and realized that it would take some serious work and focus. I know the timeline would work for me but in all honesty, the pressure would be crushing. My fun workouts would become a chore, my calories an obsession, etc.
After playing all this in my head, I realized this challenge isn't right for me and it made me feel really bad. I know it's silly to be upset about loosing something you never had, but I couldnt help myself.
I remember now that intrinsic motivation is far superior to extrinsic motivation ( thanks, Dan Pink).
I will continue on my road of so far, exercising because I like it, eating good because I enjoy it and living a good life while getting in the best shape of my life.
Truly, we should only work on impressing ourselves and becoming better than yesterday!!!!
I wish you all a great day!

Replies

• SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    Sorry you had a tough day. :(

I did well yesterday, hit all of my goals.

Goals for today:
    1. stay within calories
    2. 10,000 steps
    3. Rest Day!!!!
  • ketowerdefense
    ketowerdefense Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Today we're having dinner at a pub, so I need to bank as many calories as possible through exercise and eating smart and light throughout the day.

Today's goals:
    1. 5k at the gym during lunch
    2. 12 glasses of water before leaving work
    3. 2 drinks at the pub - that's it!
  • Kenda2427
    Kenda2427 Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    Had a successful day yesterday and plan to continue the trend today. Stay on point with eating, get the water in and treadmill tonight.
    Danelutza, I think you have the right perspective, you do it for you and what it brings to your life, not stress just for a chance at winning a prize. That would be immense pressure and that is not valuable in anyway.
  • balancedwalker
    balancedwalker Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I had an ER visit yesterday. I am better now. But you folks need to continue the good work.
  • danelutza19
    danelutza19 Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your input, just goes to show how nice it is to have this grop!
    Balancedwalker I hope you're doing good, take good care of yourself!
  • NikonPal
    NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    I had an ER visit yesterday. I am better now. But you folks need to continue the good work.

Hope all is well...