March Mommy looking for some active friends!

Options
Hi ladies! I'm due with baby no. 2 on March 16th! I had my first LO in July 2012, but the majority of my July mommy friends have gone inactive :(. I'm trying to squeeze in at least 3 short workouts and week and hope to be incorporating a longer preggo one shortly. I'm not as focused on logging my food this time around, but will start and log everything but dinner so I know what I've got left for the evening.

Please feel free to add me if you're looking for the same and we can check in with each other! :)

Replies

• fit_mama30
    fit_mama30 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I'll add you! I really WANT to log 3 workouts a week, at least but this week it's been very hard. Not sure why, I'm exhausted while last week I was fine. I wake up at 5:30am, get home around 5:30 pm and by then I'm really physically exhausted... bleh... Weekends morning seems to be the easiest for me. I need some motivation I guess!
  • kimberly_grubbs
    kimberly_grubbs Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Ahhh that's me!!! I get up at 530 if I'm working out that morning, if not I'm up by 6, off to work by 645 and home by 545/6. I typically get a second wind to spend time with my daughter but when she goes to bed I am beat!
  • mormonmomma11
    mormonmomma11 Posts: 358 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Feel free to add me... I get to the gym one-three times a week for an hour to hour and a half... depending on who I can get to go with me... Most of my workouts are playing racquetball, lifting (mostly legs), and zumba. I have two little ones at home (3.5, 1.5) and am due in April with baby #3.

I work 6-3:30. On days I head to the gym I pick up the boys, we go home and read/color/play and then do dinner. I usually pack their jammies in the diaper bag and we go to the gym (they go to playcare) and then when it's bedtime I pick them up, change them into jammies and we head home to bed. It works out pretty well, but it's so hard to do all that loading/unloading multiple times a day! (which is why I try to get my hubby, mom, aunt, or cousin to go with me to help!)
  • kimberly_grubbs
    kimberly_grubbs Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    That is a lot! I'm slightly jealous of your schedule though! I'd so love to work that early in order to have the afternoons. How was it for you adjusting after baby number 2? I think my life is going to be crazy, but that I'll love the crazy little mess it turns into.
  • mormonmomma11
    mormonmomma11 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    (Heads up, this will be a novel):

Adjusting to baby number 2 was scary at first. I had 12 weeks of maternity and wanted to make the most of it by taking my older son to our churchs play group and schedule lots of positive time for him even though there was a new baby. The thing is everytime I tried to go, I'd FREAK OUT. How was I going to load BOTH OF THEM into the car by myself? How was I going to meet both of their needs in a public place? I would get so overcome with anxiety that I didn't ever make it to one of the play groups. Looking back... I wish I had! If I had stumbled and fallen in those first few months with both boys OH WELL. How else was I going to live and learn?

We plan on having a big family (hopefully 6 kids) and since those first few months with two, I've realized that it's just my new life and I can't stop living and just be at home all the time with my kids. They deserve to go to the park with mommy or to go to a playdate or to just go grocery shopping with you. I was so afraid to take both out in public that I would wait until my husband was home before I ran any errands and that was silly. Yes, it's an adjustment but the sooner you start trying to take both kids out the sooner you figure out what really needs to be in the diaper bag and what doesn't. You start learning that if the toddler pitches a fit in Target - oh well (because frankly he did that BEFORE baby #2 was here anyways). You learn that you (and both kids) can adjust to this new life pretty easily.

Some things I've learned that make it easier though:

***Double stroller. Get one that fits through doorways or down the aisle in your grocery store. I lucked out big time and had one of these given to me second hand:
    http://www.amazon.com/Maclaren-2012-Techno-Double-Stroller/dp/B006ZN9PA2/ref=sr_1_1?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1415391879&sr=1-1&keywords=double+stroller+maclaren

It's great because the seats recline and you can lay a brand new baby inside even though it's like an umbrella stroller.

Also, my best "life hack" with this stroller was taking two hand held cart/baskets from Target, putting one over each handle, and clipping the center of the two baskets together so I could put a few necessities for groceries in them, no it won't fit boxes of diapers, but it will fit bananas, milk, juice, bread... the staples.

***Get older sibling a realistic doll with a diaper and clothes that they can change whenever you are doing diaper changes for baby. When you are rocking you little one ask them to rock their doll and help dolly go to sleep. Maybe even get them this doll before yyou deliver so they get used to treating a baby softly.

***Might as well ask if you can adjust your hours at work. When I came back from maternity leave I met with our office President on my first day back and laid out options for moving forward:

-Work from home 1-2 afternoons a week
    -Go to part time
    -Adjust my hours
    -Get a raise

I showed him that after I paid babysitting I was "making" $25/day. I told him it just wasn't worth it to be away from my babies for 9 hours a day to make $25 and that I would have to start looking elsewhere if they couldn't help me find a better work-life balance. IT WORKED! I was kind of surprised that it worked, but I laid it out very logically (not emotionally) why it would benefit the company as well as my family and just asked if there was any room for compromise because I like the company, but I needed to make more money or send my kids to a baby sitter less in order to make it worth my time.

Anyways - sorry again for the novel! I'm no expert, but more than happy to help in anyway I can :)
  • MelissR75
    MelissR75 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    Hi - Feel free to add me. Ive been trying to get in a workout at least 3 days a week. I work Monday - Friday so to get in a workout before work Im up at 4:45am and at the gym for 5:15am. Some weeks are great, others suck. Fatigue is a killer!!! Nights just dont work as my other 3 have homework, gotta cook dinner, lunches ready for the next day, etc. Im due March 24th with baby #4. I lost close to 30lbs prior to finding out I was PG. I've gained 10lbs now (21 weeks tomorrow). Im hoping to stay within the 25-30lb range. If I could just walk away from the donuts I might be okay! lol
  • GetFit4Life13
    GetFit4Life13 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm due March 17 and could really use some support. Feel free to add me!
  • MindfulNat
    MindfulNat Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I would also love some support!! Currently 25.5 weeks pregnant with my third :)
  • teresand77
    teresand77 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I am due March 10th. This is my second as well! I posted in the March 2015 group as well just now. I am terrified to have the second so thanks for the tips :). I know I will be able to handle it but I'm worried about my 3.5 year old since we are really close. My husband travels a LOT for work so it's the two of us probably 75% of the time.
  • gigigee
    gigigee Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm due next week with #3. The best thing I did for myself this time was to remain active. I try to exercise ~5x/week. I either go to Barre class (where they have childcare) or do a video at home. There are a lot of great prenatal videos out there, and I also stream online. My weight has been the best this time (although I wish I ate less sweets! That's my weakness).
    Please add me!