Have a merry December Challenge!

Options
davemunger
davemunger Posts: 1,139 Member
edited December 2014 in Social Groups
Welcome to the MFP runners' Team Challenge! Each month we set running goals and then track our miles and encourage each other to keep it up. Check in here for

December!

To join us, all you need to do is visit the spreadsheet below and record your information on the first tab. The second tab tallies the results.

Click here to join the December Challenge!

To get started, you need to enter your name and your GOAL for December. Let us know in the comments if you have any difficulties doing this. Then, enter your mileage each day. Everything should be automatically tallied on the second page of the spreadsheet -- please DON'T edit the second page!. Let us know if it's not working and we'll fix it!

Important: Enter your name/goal at the bottom of the list; we'll sort it periodically. It doesn't work to add a name to the middle!

*** Spreadsheet:

As usual -- to refresh the spreadsheet -> click the refresh :happy: button on your browser, or try CTRL+R then CTRL + F5 a couple of times if you are using the Windows OS, or replace the CTRL key with Command key if you are on a MAC, or, Command+R and then Command+Shift+R on a MAC. We will try to update this a few times each week, or you can always visit the Google Doc spreadsheet to see the latest!

( --- refresh browser for latest copy --- )
December:
Dec14_MFP.png

November:
Nov14_MFP.png

Replies

• Lesleycali
    Lesleycali Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Happy holidays everyone :) Had a great month in November chock full of PRs and I placed at 2 races! BUT I didn't make my mileage goal. Try, try, and try again. Aiming for 100 miles once more.
  • tappae
    tappae Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Missed my goal last month, too, so trying for 100 again.
  • davemunger
    davemunger Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    Good luck this month...for those of you who missed your goal last month, I missed both September and October but hit my goal in November, so you can do it too!
  • wombat94
    wombat94 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I missed my goal in November, as I tapered much more steeply than planned in the last two weeks before my marathon.

The good news with that is that my legs feel great and I feel almost fully recovered already (10 days out).

Hard to tell what I want as a goal for December... I have an easy month planned, but I also plan to streak - running every day - until at least New Years Day.

I think I will put in 125 miles as that will keep me honest with at least a few 5 - 8 milers thrown in on weekends/off days from work.
  • Cooriander
    Cooriander Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    I am in, will need to do an easy mileage goal. due to some lingering problems ...

Thanks for doing this challenge again Dave, it is so motivating.
  • sarahz5
    sarahz5 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    Hey all! I definitely don't want to look a gift horse in the mouth because Dave is always so super awesome to do this every month, but I find the spreadsheet so much more motivating than my Garmin goals, for whatever reason. I wanted to check in and make sure that I hadn't missed a migration to a new group or something, since we haven't started the January spreadsheet yet. If it's just a matter of other priorities, definitely understand!

Thanks!
  • Cooriander
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Hey Sarah, the groups are so difficult to (navigate)/use now, so Dave posted the link on his time line. It is right here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkmK3myW0PepdDcwX19raWNXSE13azhaa1JmTmE5aFE&usp=sharing#gid=1

I feel lucky too, it motivates me to see everyone's progress, hopefully he will continue ...
  • sarahz5
    sarahz5 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    Thank you! Looks like I need to send a friend request!
  • Cooriander
    Options
    Yes! :)