Welcome Aboard!

Options
A discussion board to allow us to introduce ourselves. I'm glad you chose to stop by.

Replies

• dwbotti
    Options
    I'm Derek Botti. I've kept off 65 lbs since July of 2005. I had quadruple bypass open heart surgery in 2013 and am still living with acute premature coronary artery disease. I'm a fitness zealot and a clean eating apprentice.
  • HelenWeller
    HelenWeller Posts: 3 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Hi,I had ohs, an asd repair in 2004. They found a hole 4+cm when 38wks pregnant with my daughter. I've since had 2 more children (now aged 11,9&6). I am now trying my hardest to lose weight and get healthy so I can live to see my Grandchildren :) I was told if I didn't have surgery I would have been lucky to reach 35... I'm now 36 so the surgery was obviously worth it! I struggle with cardio but have taken up walking, I've signed up for 25&50k walks this summer to raise money for a special needs day centre that we use (my youngest child is 'specially abled'), so I have to stick with it. I'm 19lbs down since Dec 28th x
  • 2112db
    2112db Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, I had double bypass in August of last year. I've had pneumonia since my surgery which was hard to get rid of. When I got pneumonia, I was working out 3-4 times/wk. I wondered if that was what got me sick, wearing myself down? I basically stopped exercising for a few months. Now I've gained 12 lbs! I am back to walking a couple miles a day but still inconsistent at the gym. Trying to increase my activity while decreasing my food intake.