What do you do for weight loss?

Options
bushjoshua21
bushjoshua21 Posts: 1
edited December 2014 in Social Groups
For me i try to eat right or at least 4 days out of the week.

Replies

• Micki95b10
    Options
    I have Sarcoidosis and some days I am so out of breath that I can not workout. I just closely monitor what I eat and I try to walk when possible in the hallway of my home if the pollen is up. Good luck
  • LORI35pittsburgh
    LORI35pittsburgh Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi all. i have a messed up back and failed surgery. still have L3 herniated but dr wont do anything for it. i also have arthritis. i think in all my joints.degenerated disk disease DDD and stenosis in my back. i was on here before but finally came back. i did lose 30 lbs but gained that back and more....this is the heaviest i have been in my life and it is not easy for me now due to lack of mobility. i did ok after my back surgery for a lil bit . then it stated bothering me so i went on steroid injections.. they worked but not for long then finally didnt even do anything. currently i am taking 2 1 hour classes at the ymca in the warm water pool... i wish i could live in a pool... i have been increasing time at the y in the pool on open swim times and doing more exercises swimming laps,crunches,reverse crunches, squats, heavier exercises cause the class ones are really for older people and joint mobility . i am the baby of the class. but nice group of people. i had been thinking since last year about gastric bypass.. and finally decided to jump in and find out more about it in june. i have been trying to lose but i just keep gaining even watching what i am eating... i guess my bodyfat likes me and dont want to leave. i used to be 5'5" but now this year i am 5'3" :( when i got weighed in for bariatric apt i was 250 pounds. smh..... and i try and try so im just back here tracking calories cause they want mt to try and lose some before surgery... possible jan/feb/ if all goes well.... well sorry if this went on forever ... just wanted to introduce my self a lil bit.
  • nmw329
    nmw329 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 30 yrs old and have had 2 heart transplants. I am currently in a mild form of heart failure and have cardiovascular disease. I am also a diabetic. I struggle with my diet because I love food and I'm on a very low sodium and low sugar diet. I'm ok with most everyday actives but I get tightness in my chest and shortness of breath when I exercise. And I have a hard time getting motivated to workout. My family hates the food I must eat and really doesn't want to exercise with me so some times I feel really alone in my journey to keep myself healthy. I'm not sure who started this group but I'm really hope it helps keep me on track and my not feel so alone in my struggles.
  • xxmugatuxx
    Options
    Im 21, was diagnosed 1.5 years ago with dysautonomia, POTS, and small fiber neuropathy - all idiopathic. This means I have severe pain 24/7 as well as extreme fatigue, and a laundry list of about 30 other symptoms, so the most basic tasks are daunting, but I push myself just enough to keep from regressing. I'm intolerant to most exercises other than light walking, yoga, and very light weight lifting, about 30 minutes maximum on an average day. But since weight loss happens in the kitchen, I know that a diet fit for me will help me reach my goal weight. Based on doctor and professional recommendations as well as extensive personal research, I am on a low carb high fat diet and I am thriving on it. My focus is: do better than you did yesterday, do what you can even if it's not much.
    Stats-
    5'8
    cw: 128
    gw: 115-120
    goal: to be fit, healthy, and beach ready by april-ish
  • ElizabethMaryam
    ElizabethMaryam Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    So far I've just cut back on calories (lost 29.6 lbs from March to present). I have 43.4 lbs to go to reach my goal). I finally have the recent okay from my physiotherapist to use my arms; so I've started some light lifting. I'm waiting for physio for my back, so I'm hesitant to move ahead with cardio or more heavy lifting. I look forward to being able to start these things :)
  • LORI35pittsburgh
    LORI35pittsburgh Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    well thought i would give everyone in here an update if anyone is still here......and havent left the site.... i got approved for my surgery finally!!!! i have already lost 20 pounds.... i increased my swimming at the ymca... they put me on fentanyl patch and damn that made a huge difference,but it seemed to only work for 2 days for me... supposed to be change every 72 hours... sometimes on pool days it wouldnt stay on even using tegraderm (2) over new patch so they put me on change 48 hours... i think the chlorine and sweat.and lotions and potions all that pool water goes through just isnt gonna let it stay on.... so i have been doing lots while i can with the patch working.... also bought a back brace. make me stand up tall... and i can walk great with it!!!!! so i have been doing some laps at the ymca. also riding the stationary bike..... i hope youre all doing well... oh getting surgery on April 9th..... not far at all one week YIKES!!! but it will help my back and everywhere else.. it wont fix my back and problems but it will help me move a hell of alot better.... xoxox to you all.

lori
  • Lost9Angels
    Lost9Angels Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    If I have to go out and go shopping, I am in a wheelchair. Usually though, in the house I can walk around. I am also having difficulty in losing weight because of my disabilities. I need to lose weight though, so will try to monitor my diet and do what I can to lose weight.